CHAPTER 183: No longer my home

—————

"Ting, wait here for a bit. I have to meet with someone."

"Mm."

Sitting in a bench in the hallway, Ting nods his head. His eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. He looks at Yue Ling’s figure as she disappears into a room.

After he finished saying his farewells to his parents, Yue Ling drove them here. From what he knows, this place looks like a hospital. It’s not as big as Imperial Hospital, but since it’s inside the military base, it’s definitely more high tech.

Reaching for his crutches, he use them to help him stand up. Slowly, he makes his way through the hallway. Looking out at each passing window, he was amazed. He’s never been inside a military base before, let alone near one. Everything was far more structurally built. Coming to a window at the end of the hallway, he sits down on a bench and stare out the window.

Outside was a small courtyard with a beautiful tree right in the center. It was a very simple view, but to Ting, it reminded him of the tree at home.

The tree he and his mom planted....

Remembering his mom, his eyes couldn’t help but tear up again. He no longer have a mom or dad...

He has a home, but without his parents there, it isn’t home but an empty house...

Now he has no one....

————-

Inside a hospital room, Yue Ling sat in a chair across from the doctor. Her face was as pale as a ghost and in disbelief. She came in just to get a check up, expecting it to be a minor migraine, but....

"Are you sure? Are you really sure?"

The doctor looks at Yue Ling and then she sighs. glancing at the paper in front of her, she slides the paper to Yue Ling.

"Miss Han, from the test we just did, I’m 100 percent sure."

Yue Ling sat still in her seat. Holding the test result paper in her slightly trembling hands, she could hear her heart beating to win first place in a marathon. Slowly, she move her right hand and softly place in on her abdomen.

’I really am.....’

The doctor smiles at Yue Ling.

"Miss Han, please take care of your health. From now on, your body is not only yours."

Yue Ling looks up at the doctor and nod her head. Getting the check up she came for done, she stood from the chair and leaves.

As her hand grab the door knob, she looks back at the doctor.

"Please don’t let anyone know about this."

Hearing this, the doctor frowns in confusion, "Not even General Ji?"

"Definitely not him."

Sighing, the doctor nods her head in understanding. She is one of the very few people who knows that Han Yue Ling is General Ji’s granddaughter. She respects the old man, but she is only a doctor and her patient’s decisions are theirs to decide, not hers.

"Alright, I won’t let anyone know."

Stepping out of the room, Yue Ling closed the door and puts the paper in her bag. Turning her head, she looks out to the window next to her.

Her mind drifted to two people.

Lu Tian and Lee Shin.

Reaching into her bag, she takes her phone out and dials Liu Shan’s number.