CHAPTER 192: A curse

————

Seagulls sang in the air with the melody of the ocean from a distance. The serene salt water gently splash onto the sandy shore creating beautiful waves.

The cool breeze blows along every so often as Yue Ling’s hair follow in pursuit. Her bare feet takes each step, sinking into the soft sand. Each time the wave covers the shore, it erases her footprint.

However, when the wave returns to the ocean, a set of larger footprint would replaces her’s.

Lu Tian follows behind his wife. He didn’t walk too close to her or too far. His eyes stare at her and the her at this moment was one deeply engraved in his heart.

If he can, he would like to walk behind her everyday. To know that she is always within his sight and he won’t lose her.

To let her know that her footprints guided him to her...

"Tian..."

Yue Ling calls his name as she turns to face the man. Her bluish green eyes stare into his dark ones and she felt like the happiest woman in the world. The way he looks at her was enough to let her know how he feels.

Taking small steps, she walks to him and she reach her hand out. Her fingers interlock with his and she smiles at the man. Moving to stand side by side with him, they continue their walk on the beach.

Lu Tian glance down at the woman and he faintly smile. He couldn’t help but feel like the happiest man in the world...

Never in his life has he felt this way towards someone. Growing up, he never got closed to the opposite sex or let them near him. However... he met her...

Not once does he regret seeing her on the plane or purposely letting her bump into him at the airport...

If he can do it over, he would, but better...

"You know... my parents met here..."

Yue Ling’s sudden voice brought Lu Tian out of his thoughts. He looks at her then to the ocean. He did not answer, but nod his head.

Her parents... he hasn’t met them...

"Growing up, others often made fun of me, because I didn’t look like everyone else..."

Lu Tian’s brows furrow at his wife’s words. Turning his gaze from the ocean to his wife, he stare into her bluish green eyes. To him, her eyes were the most mesmerizing eyes he’s ever seen.

"You know, my Hal-abeoji and Yeye were the best of friends. They were the reason how my parents met. My mother from a Chinese family and my father from a Korean and American family."

Turning to look at the man next to her, Yue Ling’s lip curls into a bright smile. Lifting her hand, she points to her eyes.

"As you can guess, I inherited my father’s eyes."

Looking ahead, Yue Ling continues her words.

"My mother loves my father’s eyes. She once told me that my father had hated the color of his eyes, until she told him she loved them."

Talking about her parents, Yue Ling faintly smiles. How she misses her parents so much.....

"My father knew the hardship of growing up in a place where you were different, so he would always tell me to love my eyes. He said, no matter how much others speak ill of me, I must remember that I have the most beautifulest eyes."

Lu Tian frown at Yue Ling’s words. Just who was it that gave his wife a hard time? Who said her eyes were not beautiful? If he finds out who it is, he’ll make sure that person wish they were ever born.