CHAPTER 144: Defying my order

---

While Lu Tian was in a meeting, Yue Ling was also in a meeting with her designers. Spread across the glass table were sketches and design drafts that were printed onto black card stock sheets. Fall/Winter is one of the biggest season for the fashion industry.

Sitting in the main seat, she nod her heads as she listens to each designer voice their opinion for the designs. Yue Ling looks at the seven people in the room.

Tang Zhong Hui, technical designer; Lian Ni Shang, pattern maker; Shan Sinan, textile designer; Gui Tian Lan, tailor; Gui Zhongming, stylist; Ju Suo, fashion forecaster; and illustrator, Qi Li.

Gui Zhongming, a handsome man wearing a very stylish outfit pass a design draft to Yue Ling, "These are the sketches I came up with when I visited Milan last week."

Yue Ling scanned the draft and nod her head, "Mm. It looks good. We can start with the preparations for the upcoming fashion week."

She then looks at Tang Zhong Hui, "Will you be able to ensure the correct garment construction?"

"Of course I can."

Tang Zhong Hui answers confidently. His baby face smiling with his teeth as he pats his chest. Even at the age of 28 year old, he stills looks young.

Yue Ling reach for the black 2 inch thick hardcover book in front of her. Scanning each page until she comes to the last page, she leisurely close it.

"Lian Ni Shang, Shan Sinan, Gui Zhongming, you three will go with Tang Zhong Hui to Milan. De L'amour needs the best of all materials for this season's designs."

Hearing their boss's order; all three people nod their heads. However, Tang Zhong Hui frowns. He leans lazily on his chair and pout his lips.

"Boss, how can you make me travel with the three of them? Myself, alone is already enough."

"...."

Everyone glare at Tang Zhong Hui like he was an overconfident idiot. They have all followed Yue Ling way before she built De L'amour. They know their boss isn't someone to cross the line with, even if she looked delicate. Did he really just speak to their boss like he was better than them all?

Even knowing everyone else's thoughts, Tang Zhong Hui wasn't one bit bothered by the angry looks. He is the second person behind Liu Shan who knew Yue Ling the longest.

Yue Ling looks at Tang Zhong Hui, "Are you defying my order?"

Hearing this, Tang Zhong Hui looks at the other six people present, then his boss, he could only sigh, "Fine, Fine. You're the boss, so it's your call. I'll listen."

"Good."

Yue Ling looks at her subordinates. Her expression remained straight faced, but she was smiling inwardly. All seven of these designers were also her most trusted subordinates. They were considered family more than workers.

After giving each designer their assigned job, Yue Ling stands up from her seat.

"That's all for now."

She didn't look back but leaves the room and heads to the elevator to her office.

However, she did not realize that as her figure walks away, all the people left behind were staring at her. Until she got inside the elevator, Lian Ni Shang looks at Tang Zhong Hui.

"How can you even think to defy boss's order?"

Qi Li, the illustrator also agrees, "Bro, you know boss hates it when we don't follow her orders."