𝐈𝐕; 𝐍𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞

The following day after your outing with Kaeya was pretty ordinary.

In the morning you replaced Jean who went to the Cathedral and meet the traveller and Barbara, you made sure Klee hadn't done anything wrong and did other useless activities that would only bore the reader.

Seriously, it was a frighteningly peaceful day if you considered the fact that the Acting Grand Master had been back for about a day and that the Stormterror matter had ended recently.

"[Name], you have a new report."

You took the papers hesitantly and, after reading a few lines, you smirked and started playing with the fountain pen you were using.

Damn, that's interesting... But I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the Acting Grand Master.

You didn't have to wait too long for the Dandelion Knight, in fact she arrived after few minutes.

" Did something new happen?" she asked after you had finished making a few polite exchanges.

"Yes. We have received a letter from the Cathedral regarding the traveller and a bard Apparently they were found unconscious outside the entrance"--you didn't fail to notice Jean's startled expression. "They suspect it's an attack, so they're asking us to investigate the case."

"I see..."

"What should we do?"

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As the sun was setting, between Windrise and Mondstadt a certain woman with hair [hair colour] was toying with her Vision, creating shapes of animals and plants in her boredom.

"So, we're supposed to go to Liyue in three days, aren't we?" you heard a high-pitched voice ask.

You looked in the direction of the sound that had almost startled you, and when you could identify the duo, you stopped playing with your element.

The blond opened his mouth to reply something, but you couldn't catch the words he had spoken as they were carried away to an unknown place by the wind.

"You two are the heroes of Mondstadt, aren't you?" asked a melodic voice.

The two jolted and you giggled.

Aether peered at you with interest. You were pretty, not too flashy in your appearance, but there was something elegant about you.

"Yup. That's us! You're Jean's assistant, aren't you?" replied the fairy-or whatever she was.

"Yes I am. The Acting Grand Master sent me here to ask you some questions. If you don't mind, of course."

"Go ahead."

"Well... let's start from the beginning, why were you there?". It wasn't that you didn't know the reason for that meeting, but you wanted to hear it from them.

"Well, Jean called us there to return the Holy Lyre."

Nothing new, then. "Okay... do you happen to know who attacked you?"

"Yup! Lady, one of the eleven Harbringers."

"A Harbinger, huh?" you asked, turning suddenly towards Paimon. "Do you happen to remember how she looked?" you interrogated them.

"You don't know their identity?" asked the guide in amazement, putting her arms behind her back.

You sighed. "No, Snezhnaya is avid about the identity of their Harbingers," you replied, feeling Aether's eyes on you.

"Oh..."

"She's tall with pale skin. She has platinum blonde hair, and grey eyes. If I'm not mistaken she had something like Catalyst behind her right shoulder" Aether chimed in. "Does that ring a bell?"

"No, I'm sorry. But I'm sure it will be useful. Anyway, do you happen to have any idea why she would ambush you? "

The two exchanged a look. "No, we don't."

You knew the truth after hearing those words.

"Ah... I see" you replied dropping down your posture.

Aether chuckled at your childish act. "Do you have any other questions for us?"

You shook your head. "No, I don't. I thank you for your time, Traveller."

"No problem! See you around, [Name]!" you ignored the bitter feeling blooming in your chest.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

By the time you approached Springvale the sun had disappeared in the west, towards Starsnatch Cliff, and the sky was beginning to turn the typical dark colour of night.

You sighed and kicked a rock that had the misfortune to be in your path.

The dialogue with those two hadn't led to any fruit, in fact you now had even more questions than before. It was clear that the two of them were hiding something, but it was impossible to understand what it was, since if you had tried to investigate further, you would certainly be suspicious and if the traveller would have asked Jean questions, you would certainly lose your job.

You felt guilty. Guilty for making that decision without thinking of the consequences and, strangely enough, you felt guilty for lying to the traveller, after all he had helped Mondstadt...

No, I need answers about what the Fatuus were up to and Jean's reasons for keeping quiet. And especially about what the hell that letter meant with 'The Heart of Barbatos'...

 And especially about what the hell that letter meant with 'The Heart of Barbatos'