𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈; 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤

The following day was a tranquil spring morn: birds cheerfully sang their songs as Mondstadt still was festive. You, for your part, were enjoying one of your rare days off.

Sad thing that someone decided to blow up a pond in Springvale.

"You... Did you seriously just blew up the lake again!?" shouted a young man to the bomber, who only giggled in response.

You sighed as you approached the two. "Klee..." you failed to hide your tender yet amused smile "what did you get yourself into this time?"

Hearing her name, the little girl jolted. When she saw you, her eyes widened. "How did you find Klee?!" she asked after shuttering your name.

You looked at her quizzically. "I saw you from the village, how come?". Then you understood what she meant. "Did you run off again?"

"N-no! Klee was only bored in solitary confinement!" she vehemently justified herself. You deducted that she was scared of you probably due to your relationship with the Lionfang Knight.

"I see..." you cryptically replied. She must have failed to notice that her words were contradictory. " You tried to keep a stoic expression. The tender smile forming on your lips, however, didn't seem to think the same.

You heard Klee say your name with a songlike tone. "Can you not tell Jean, please?". Despite her words, her voice was still lively, free from any pleas.

"Alright" you sighed.

Her eyes lit up. "You're the best, [Name]!" she giggled

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

You left Springvale after you somehow successfully negotiated with the fisherman. "Where are we going, [Name]?" Klee asked, while hopping down the path and watching carefully a couple of butterflies fluttering above some poppies.

"To meet a friend". You decided it was best to keep it vague.

"Ooh! Does Klee know them?" her red eyes curiously looked at you.

You sweated cold. How the hell are you going to deal with this? "Yeah, you know him"

She tilted her head to the side. "Is he Razor? Or big brother?" Klee eyed you in eagerness. At this point you swore you could see sparkles floating around her.

"It's a secret!" you hushed her, smiling slyly. "You'll see when we arrive" you added, gently patting her soft sun-kissed hair as she pouted.

"Uhhh... But it will take ages!" Klee whined. She slowed down her footstep racking her brain.

"Klee...?" you called her in concern.

She looked at you with a grave gaze. "Is it uncle Kaeya?"

"No"-- said man was probably suffering for the hangover from the last night in the tavern-- Klee whined in frustrations. You removed your gaze from her "you'll see him soon"

You spent the rest of the trip ignoring, albeit with reluctance, her pleas.

"We're here" you announced as you arrived near the Statue of the Seven in Windwail Highland. Few juniper trees, which were decorated with some Windwheel Asters for the Windblume Festival, grew behind the statue. A light breeze blew, caressing the trees' foliage and making them rustle, creating a sound similar to water flowing down a rivulet.

Your eyes wandered, scanning the area. You subconsciously fastened you footsteps, as you smiled to a familiar profile.

Klee seemed to awake from a deep trance state. "Is he here?" she asked. You nodded.

She turned left and right before noticing the silhouette of a backlit man. "Oh it's..." her voice died down.

She blinked, looked at you and back at the man "...the weird grown up...?" she asked in astonishment. You awkwardly smiled and waved to Diluc, trying to ignore the unfamiliar warm feeling in your chest. He reciprocated with a faint smile.

"How come she's here?" he asked, scrutinising the child, who opted to turn her attention towards few a crystalflies dancing in the wind.

"I came across her in Springvale. I couldn't leave her there or Jean would've kill me" you brought your hands behind your back. "Would you mind if we bring her with us?" you shyly asked.

He frowned. "Wouldn't it be better if we brought her to Jean?"

Your eyes went in search of the red-clad child. "She isn't in charge today, Lisa is taking her place"

"Then why...?" he asked in confusion.

"Of course, Lisa is already aware! It's not like we're beign held an hostage" you joked. "Plus how can one leave such an adorable child locked inside a room?"

"She's a lively one" Dilic mumbled.

"I doubt that this is going to prevent her from blow up Mondstadt" you laughed.

Diluc smiled. An, almost, unnoticeable yet tender smile adorned his lips. You felt an unfamiliar warmth spread inside your chest. The craziest thoughts began running in your mind, such as how he looked pretty when he smiled and how you wished to make him smile.

"Boom!" a cheerful, childish voice yelled, followed by desperate grunts.

"Huh? Isn't that....?" Diluc shifted his attention toward towards the path of downslope under the Statue of the Seven. You followed his gaze.

"Klee!" you called her as a way of scolding. The child innocently looked you, her book-shaped catalyst still floating in the air.