𝐕; 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

"So... you convoyed me here to tell me that Lady Nigguang cannot have an encounter with me for the time being because of the incident of the Rite of Descension?"

Verr nodded. "Don't worry, I will tell the Tianquan to have an appointment with you as soon as possible" the woman said, noticing your discomfort.

"Thank you, Verr," you formally thanked her before leaving the room in which the Wangshu Inn boss had summoned you.

You decided to go to a balcony as you could not stay in the room you had booked all day. You didn't expect that stopping in Liyue would bring back a lot of memories, especially the unimportant ones from your childhood and teenage years in Qingce Village. You remembered hearing from Lixin, your childhood friend, that the Wangshu Inn was being inhabited by an Adeptus. Sadly, there were also the memories you wanted to forget.

"What? That's not possible!" you had exclaimed. "The Adepti only live in Jueyun Karst."

He laughed. "It's just a rumor, but they say that Adeptus is a protector of Liyue."

"Didn't all the adeptus make a contract with Rex Lapis to protect Liyue?"

"Not really. It's said that Rex Lapis created an elite group of Adeptus to protect us from the corrupted gods who survived a war, but it seems that there are probably only a few members surviving today."

"Oh..."

"In any case, it's getting late," you remember Lixin say as he realized the sun had reached its zenith, marking noon. "We'd better get back to the village" he suggested, helping you up off the ground to leave the fields north of the settlement.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

You couldn't remember how that day ended. Perhaps you had those lessons about the history, language and culture of Teyvat that your father had imposed on you, and that would come handy years later when you received your position as diplomat of the Knights of Favonio, or whether you had spent the rest of that day playing with him.

But in the end, whether or not there was an Adeptus living in Wangshu Inn you didn't know. Not that you'd tried to investigate further, since you'd given up on the idea years ago, as no one with even a grain of sanity would try.

You stopped drowning in the memories that crowded your mind when you entered the small room Verr had assigned you. Not that the size of it bothered you, since it was supposed to be occupied for only one night.

You threw yourself on the bed, trying to get rid of the fatigue that was invading your body, because you had walked for the best part of two consecutive days, since you had not found anyone in Mond or Liyue who would lend you a horse.

Not that you had much hope of finding a means of transport in Mondstadt, since Varka had made all the horses disappear from the city of freedom, regardless of whether they were in the stables of the headquarters or in a branch of the Knights of Favonius in Dorman Port.

You had hoped in vain to find a caravan that could give you a lift on the way, but luck was obviously not on your side, since you arrived at the tavern more dead than alive.

You only realised at that moment how sleepy you were, but on the other hand that bed now seemed like a blessing. You got into a comfortable position and, before you knew it, you were in Morpheus' arms. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"Why did you help her, why...?"

"Forgive me, █████..."

"Tell me. Why did you help her?" the man's voice became cold and the anger in his blue eyes made you startle. "Don't tell me you couldn't understand her plans," he hissed.

"Shut up, █████! I never gave ███████ the tools to create her weapons because that fool of my father had already given them to her! Don't tell me you don't know why he agreed to your request!"

The man fell silent because of the weight of your words.

"You know what will happen now, right?" he said after a pause that had seemed like an eternity.

You nodded faintly. "Yes, they..."

"

(A/N): Hey! I hope you liked this chapter because I'm having an author's block😭😭

I wanted to tell you that the poll for MC's Vision an weapon is still open, the combinations that have had the most votes and that tie are: Hydro Polearm and Anemo Sword. Btw, I wanted to tell you that I'll probably go on hiatus during summer holidays so, welp, idk when will I update.