𝐕𝐈; 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐐𝐢𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠

You opened your eyes a few hours after the arrival of the mprning, due to the sunlight that filtered through the window.

You got up after an incalculable amount of time and, while you were getting ready, you kept thinking about the dream you had. 

You couldn't get rid of the guilty feeling of unease that the dream had given you. But most of all, you couldn't shake from your mind the still vivid image of those eyes beautiful and stormy like the sky.

You decided to leave the dream in a corner of your mind, since it was useless to concentrate on it because you would sooner or later forget it, and you concentrated on leaving Wangshu Inn as soon as possible.

You arrived at Liyue Harbour after two hours, thanks to a merchant who had given you a lift from Guili Plains

Except for a few buildings and faces, you could say that the city had not combined much. In fact, the harbour continued to have the same prosperous streets as always and the typical warmth of the sun of that land.

You wandered through the streets, ignoring the hunger that was beginning to bite your stomach, continuing to compare the landscape with the one in your memories and trying to revisit the routes you had memorised.

You ended your route around the hottest hour of the winter in Liyue and decided to put something between your teeth as the hunger was starting to get stronger, becoming a burden to your self-control.

You went to Cihu Rock, and decided to go to Warmin Restaurant since you wanted to avoid wasting money on an expensive meal, considering the fact that you had no idea where to stay and if your father's house still belonged to you.

"Haven't you heard?" you heard someone say while eating in the restaurant. "Apparently, the assassins of Rex Lapis managed to escape..."

You sent a fleeting glance at the person who spoke. It was a woman from Liyue who was talking to a man who was probably from Mondstadt, which you were able to deduce after catching a quick glimpse of the design of his clothes.

"Eh, really?" said, hiding some nonchalance, a male voice.

When you were still under the care of a certain man with a Pyro Vision, a knight had told you to act normal when you wanted to get information from someone without the interlocutor noticing.

'Of course,' he said, 'you can always eavesdrop on conversations or get them drunk. Although I guess that in your case you can just use your charisma' he had added.

'My charisma?' you asked amused.

You have a certain charm, darling'. You were pretty sure you began to learn how to flirt after that.

"Plus it seems they couldn't even catch them" the woman said, interrupting your thoughts and making you wince.

"Really?"

"Yeah..." you couldn't hear any more as the couple had started whispering due to the arrival of a Millelith who was patrolling around the area.

You didn't learn much from that conversation other than the facts that Liyue's god was dead, the Qixing were looking for the culprit, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

For your part, you were sceptical. How could a god die? Especially one like Morax, how the hell could he? But on the other hand, you had no say in the matter. After all, you came from a country famous for having a god who went out to buy milk.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

You spent the rest of the day having some discussions with members of the Qixing about the only property that had once belonged to your father and that you hadn't sold. By the time you finally got confirmation that yes, the property still belonged to you but it was in a pitiful state, it was getting late.

You decided to take a walk and went to Yunjing Terrace, the infamous location where Rex Lapis had been murdered, and gazed in astonishment at the colours of the approaching evening, giving the harbour a gorgeous atmosphere. You broke into a smile; it was amazing how this landscape never failed to take your breath away.

You spotted a familiar figure next to a flowerbed where Gaze Lillies were blooming for the arrival of darkness.

You approached her. "Hello there"

You didn't get any response, or rather, you didn't get any reaction at all.

You slightly tilted your head to the left. "Teyvat to you...?"

The young woman flinched. "S- sorry, I was going to fall asleep!" she replied, blushing in shame. "Hold on, [Name]?"

You waved to her. "Been a while, huh?"

She nodded, " It is. Do you want me to schedule a meeting with Tianquan or give you some information, perhaps?"

You shook your head. "Don't worry Ganyu. I'm not here for working reasons and plus I can't do anything for my superiors now, so..." you replied in awkwardness.

"Oh... I see," she replied, having no idea how to continue the conversation.

"Are you taking care of these flowers?" you asked her, changing the subject and saving the conversation from falling into an awkward silence.

"Yes, this terrace is under the Qixing's maintenance, so it's my responsibility to take care of them," she said, giving you a sweet smile, which you unconsciously returned.

Diligent as ever, huh?

"Anyway, how are you? It's been five years since we've seen each other."

Ganyu blinked in response. For an Adeptus, five years was nothing, but for a human...

"I've been very occupied, especially the last few days," she replied simply.

"Indeed, the Qixing always have a lot to do," you said, scratching the back of your neck. "You're still working with Keqing, right?"

Ganyu sighed. "She's still hardworking and disrespectful towards the gods"

"Typical Keqing," you sighed, failing to hold back a smile.

"Anyway, [Name]?" she asked after a while, when you stopped telling her about your life in Mondstadt.

"Hm?"

"I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time, but... have you ever dealt with a deity?"

You sent her a confused look. "No...?"

?"

(A/N): Ugh, I finally maneged to publish this chapter ajnsjdna. Btw, remember when I said that I already finished writing this? Well, I lied I rewitten this.  In any case, I guess that this is where my braek starts so this story will be dead for a while (I already know that the "updated -insert an inhumane amount of time- ago will hurt my soul😭)✋).

'till next time! Stay healthy, everyone^^

(I may have made a playlist abt this fic but I don't know if I should share, lol)