𝐗; 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬

I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot.

Did I seriously forgot to take off this goddam brooch from the jacket?

Breathe, [Name], breathe. After all, the damage is already done.

You emitted a frustrated sigh.

Meanwhile, the Millelith soldier in front of you was escorting you with a formal and impassive bearing, the same as the one you saw on some of the knights in Mond.

You took a deep breath. By now the fear and surprise had gradually disappeared, but had instead given way to anger and shame, which were voraciously eating away at your soul.

"That's the symbol of  the Knights, isn't it?" you hated with every cell in your body the smirk the blue-eyed man wore as he realised that he cornered you.

"...It's a family heirloom," you managed to say, as soon as you were able to find the words.

"So you're from a family of knights?" he interrogated you.

"One of my ancestors was in the Ordo Favonio," you lied.

Bullshit. Your father was a merchant and you didn't know your grandparents whereabouts. As for the rest of the family tree, your father hadn't bothered to show it to you. Not that you cared, after all.

"Liar," his cold words destroyed every shred of hope you had.

"I'm not lying"

"Don't try to fool me, you clearly are" he pried, his cobalt eyes burnig cold.

Don't tell me that he knows abount me because of that deal. No, no. That official said that he wouldn't reveal my name to his superiors, didn't he?

 "What makes you think that?" the lilt in your voice was evident, even if you tried desperatly to hide it.

He played with the glass as a sly smirk took place on his features. "The lack of belief in your voice, for starters"

You couldn't deny it.

"Why are you with the traveller?" you caught the sight of his eyes watching you warily.

You huffed. "That's what I should be asking," you didn't bother to see his reaction. "Weren't you in charge of collecting debts?"

"Watch your tounge, little one" he hissed veomously. You swore you that you heart stopped for a second --not in a good way. "But you're right, that's what I usually do"

You didn't pry any further, you doubted that he would continue to answer you anyway. Instead, you nodded and took a sip from your glass.

"Don't you fear I may poison you?" he asked out of the blue with what sounded like sarcasm.

You didn't bother to formulate a wise answer. "I doubt you would pour poison in the glass of your allies".

You knew this wasn't always the case but you preferred to ignore it.

He looked at you with an almost childlike, mocking curiosity. "An ally?"

"The Stormterror Crisis" by now you were pretty sure the sleepiness had worn off due to the adrenaline. "Our factions were allies, weren't they?"

"Right," he replied dryly. Why did he sound disappointed? "Even though you haven't done much"

"Exactly," --if the elite Knights had been there maybe something would have been different, maybe-- "After all, everyone knows that the Ordo Favonio is the most futile faction in Teyvat. Everyone except the inhabitants of Mondstadt, actually"

Something gleamed in his eyes, something you didn't like. "Did you just insulted your own faction?"

"I'm just telling the truth, aren't I?" you sighed faintly. "Plus, I doubt I'm cut out for them" you muttered before you could realise it, earning an intrigued gaze from the Harbinger.

Before either of you could say anything, there was a knock at the door.

"Lady [Name]" you recognised the waiter from earlier. "A man outside the establishment requests your presence."

You nodded and bid your farewell to the Harbinger, trying to hide your sadornic tone.

"Miss" a Millelith that was waiting outside the restaurant reported. "The Tinaquan has accepted your request. She invites you to meet her in the Jade Chamber".

You grinned. "Thank you for letting me know."

"Follow me, Lady Nigguang instructed me to show you how to get to the Jade Chamber."

​​​​​​(A/n): Welp, I can't believe it's almost been a year since this fic was published

​​​​​​(A/n): Welp, I can't believe it's almost been a year since this fic was published. I didn't expect that many people would read it, specifically because its slow build plus my writing style isn't actually the best. Seriously, thank you for arriving to this point and for your comments, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​they truly mean a lot to me.

(Some of you actually made me wheeze  so hard, but anyways-✨✨✨)