𝐕𝐈𝐈; 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

Sometimes fate was a really curious thing.

Seriously, it was incredible how the person you'd been looking for days was in Feiyun Slope buying from the shop where you went.

"I didn't expect to see you here."

You smiled. "I could say the same thing, Traveller," you said, opting to tell him a half-truth since you didn't want to feel guilty like the last time.

"Uh... why are you in Liyue?"

You shook your shoulders nonchalantly. "Just for diplomatic things, no big deal" you replied to the fairy's question.

"Anyway, what have you been up to lately?" you threw in, changing the subject.

"Nothing special, just helping out Liyue after the accident," the blond answered humbly, for some reason he seemed to speak only in the presence of a few people.

"And you call that nothing special? Unlike me you're doing something for others," you sighed as he gave some Mora to the seller.

"Don't say that!" he exclaimed when he saw your expression. "You took care of Mondstadt when Jean wasn't there, you're useful!"

You didn't insist and cracked a wry grin, noting how by some joke of fortune you found yourself doing nothing while nations were going through a state of crisis. "You must be very busy lately," you shifted the subject.

Aether nodded, looking at you with confusion.

"Would you mind if I joined you for a while?"

A deep silence fell between the three. At this point you could hear the shoes of some nearby passers-by clacking on the stone and the voices of some in the distance merchants trying to attract the crowd loudly.

You stepped forward to approach Aether and gently closed his jaw with the tip of your index finger. "You might catch some flies, my dear," you whispered, looking at him with an amused look.

The traveller blinked, lost his breath, and blushed under your typical gaze.

"Wait- Really!?" exclaimed the mascot, who clearly didn't see the scene, in disbelief.

"W-why are you doing that?" he stammered, still partially embarrassed by your actions.

You winked and sent him your sweetest smile. "Let's just say it's my way of saying thank you after all you've done for Mondsatadt"

The redness on his cheeks deepened.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"So... where are we going?" you asked curiously.

"To Northland Bank" said the blond "You don't have to tag along you know...?"

"I offered to go, didn't I?"

"Right..." he sighed. "We're here" he said, stopping near the entrance of the bank.