𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈; 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝

Not even four days after your meeting with Ninguangg you ironically found yourself back in her palace.

"Miss? What are you doing here?" one of her secretaries asked you.

"I'm here to deliver a message from Aether to Lady Ninguangg." You held back a sigh when you saw the deadpan look on the woman's face.

"I'm aware that the Tianquan is busy but the traveller said it was important business..."

"How come she didn't give it to our emissary?" she inquired.

"I'm guess he couldn't find her," you assumed. From what you remembered Ganyu didn't spend much time in the city.

"Alright," she finally gave up before taking the letter from your grasp.

It didn't take her long to return. "Lady Ninguanng wants to meet you."

You hesitantly nodded before following her.

The petite woman led you into the same room in which you spoke to the Tianquan almost four days ago.

"So," the aforementioned woman began. "When did Aether give you this letter?" she asked, holding the paper between her index and middle fingers.

You faltered at her directiveness. "He gave it to me this morning". You gulped. "Is there something wrong?"

"Where is he now?"

Your posture dropped in disappointment. But you decided to not pry any further. "He hadn't told me anything. Neither about the contents of the note nor anything else. He had only said it was urgent."

She studied you carefully. "So you don't know its content?"

You nodded.

Ninguangg sighed. " It says that the Fatui found a way to craft artificially Sigils of Permission"

Your eyes widen. "How is that...?"

How is that possible?

But you knew it wasn't impossible. After all, the Fatui discovered a way to fabricate imitations of the Visions. So what stopped them from producing sigils made by Rex Lapis himself?

"Lady Ningguang!" a Millelith stormed into the study. "The Adepti, they... they want to talk to you," he panted.

"I see..." she replied thoughtfully. Then she turned towards you. " I' m sorry but could you please leave this room?"

"Yes ma'am."

You walked out, praying you wouldn't run into any adeptus.

You gripped tightly the doorknob of the main entrance. Maybe that man would know something about the Sigils? If that was the case then should I ask him?

You took a deep breath once outside. No. I would better continue my role as the naive knight. After all, this kind of information comes at a price.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The storm arrived quietly. The first signal was the growing wind, followed by the darkening of the sky. But by now the waves in Guyun were crashing with a brutal strength against everything in their path.

Your breath hitched. It can' t be them. Ningunagg sent them to investigate the Fatui camp, right...?

"What... are you doing here?" a voice spoke.

You jolted. Did I get caught?

Hearing someone answer, you let out a sigh of relief.

That voice... have I heard it before?

You put the thought aside. Should I leave? Jean had told me to protect him, but...

A portal opened, revealing the Fatui. But it is part of my deal with Varka not to oppose them--

A fatui agent darted towards Aether.

 "Darn it," you huffed, infusing poisonous Dendro energy from the Vision you used to neglect, into your catalyst.

"Took you long enough" said a man, crossing his arms over his chest. "Your skills are still rudimentary as ever."

Now you recognised that voice.

"I would have expected a better welcome from you" you grinned sarcastically, ignoring the stares of the others.

"Wait- you two know each other!?" exclaimed Paimon, eyes widen in awe.

You sent an interrogative look at Xiao, who just ignored it in response.

You sighed. "... I guess you can say that..."