Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

"Exactly what are we doing here?" Rebecca asks turning and looking at me.

"How long are you gonna pretend like you don't like me Becca?" I ask and she smiles.

"Who says I'm acting?" She asks, raising a brow.

"We both know the truth." I whisper, stepping closer to her. She moves back a little, bumping into a tray with medical supplies on it.

"Is this really the proper place to have this conversation?" She asks.

"I think this is the perfect place." I tell her with a smile. I can tell she's nervous, I've never seen her nervous. "Don't you think?" I ask, gesturing around us. We met in this lab, I think it's a great place to have our first kiss.

"Ashley, I can't." She shakes your head.

"You can't what?" I ask, moving impossibly closer to her. Our lips inches apart.

"You know what I'm taking about Ashley." She whispers.

"You mean this?" I ask connecting our lips, she didn't hesitate to kiss me back.

"Ashley wait..." She pushes me back a bit, both of us breathing heavily. I don't say anything, I just stare in her eyes. "I can't." She shakes her head. "You're not..."

"My age doesn't matter Beccs." I tell her, she turns her head to look away from me but I stop her. "You like me, you can't pretend like you don't. We've been playing this game for a month now." I say, taking my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Don't do that." She smiles.

"I know it drives you crazy, that's why I do it." I smile along with her.

Suddenly her face turns serious. "If your mom finds out, I could lose my internship." She tells me, I shake my head.

"I already told my mom, she's totally cool with it." I smile as her eyes go wide.

"You did what?" She questions, springing upright.

"I knew you were feeling me, I was just waiting for you to realize it." I smile and lean in to kiss her.

"I could hurt you right now." She says, pushing me back.

"But you're not going to." I shrug and move back to my previous position.

"I hate you." She says with a smile.

"I know." I nod, moving my lips closer to hers again. "I hate you too." I whisper before reconnecting our lips.

"Ashley...Ashley are you okay? Ashley please wake up." I hear a voice calling to me.

"Rebecca." I mumble and open my eyes just as Spencer's go wide.

Oops.

Not Rebecca.

She shakes whatever thought she was having out of her head and leans back down to me. "Are you okay?" She asks, her voice conveying what her mouth wont say. I think she just realized who Rebecca really is.

"Just a little dizzy." I answer. "Is Tim okay?" I try to sit up and look but my head immediately starts pounding.

"You need to lay still, here drink this." She says, handing me a juice box. "He's gonna be fine. Carmen finished about ten minutes ago." Spencer says after a moment.

"How long was I out?" I ask placing the juice box on the table next to me.

"An hour or so." Spencer answers, standing up. "You need to eat something, I'll be right back." She adds, I can hear the sadness in her voice. I should have just told her from the beginning.