These Little Moments

"What about Eric?" She asks, concern evident in her tone.

"It could be nothing." I shrug and shake my head. "It could be me just overreacting to small details, but that's who I am, it's what I do. I'm skeptical of certain things and I'm hardly ever wrong." I explain.

"Ashley you're freaking me out, just tell me what's going on." Spencer whispers quickly.

"Eric... his story just doesn't make sense." I tell her, she gives me a confused look. "He knows things, things that he shouldn't." I whisper, moving closer to her.

"Science stuff?" She asks.

"Yes, I mean no. Other stuff too. Like stuff about Dr. Johnson and Trinity Flares, he knew who she was and that she didn't really exist. No one knew that Spence. No one on the outside anyways." I tell her.

"Wait, that's why you asked me about the news isn't it?" She questions, I nod. "Why didn't you just tell me then?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "I didn't know if I was just making a big deal out of nothing, but now..."

"Now?" She urges me on.

"Glen said he killed an entire herd of zombies...alone. You don't do that without some special kind of training or something."

"I got it." She snaps her fingers and says, "Maybe he's a ninja." A smile creeps on her lips.

"Spencer." I scold her. But I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. "I'm being serious." I push her gently.

"I know, I know." She chuckles, repositioning herself back in front of me. "So what are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know. There's nothing I really can do besides keep an eye on him, I guess." I shrug.

"It's not like he's been trying to kill us or anything. He's been helping since he got here. A super secret agent/killer wouldn't be helpful would he?" She questions with a raised brow and a smile.

"This is all one big joke to you, isn't it?" I ask, smiling at how extra cute she's being right now.

She shrugs. "I just don't want you going around accusing innocent people of treason."

"Treason Spencer, really?" I ask with one brow raised.

"That's what that is...right?" She asks seriously. I burst into laughter and nod.

"Sure." I manage to get out between chuckles.

"Jerk." She slaps me on the arm and does a cute little pout.

"Really, you're gonna bring that out?" I question.

"Is it working?"

I shake my head and smile. "Nope." I tell her, popping the 'p'.

"Well no kiss for you then." She shrugs and turns to walk away.

"Um, no!" I half shout, grabbing her and spinning her back around to face me. "You're not getting away that easily." I pull her closer to me, connecting our lips. It's amazing how I can never get enough of her lips. She pulls back, to my disappointment.

"Go be a detective and find out more stuff about Eric before you say something to the group, okay?" She asks and I shake my head and smile at her. "What?" She questions.

"How'd you know I was gonna talk to the group?" I ask seriously.

"You had that look." She shrugs.

"You know me too well Spencer Carlin." I smile and pull her into another kiss.

She pulls back again, "Go, before I keep you."