Test Subject

After telling the group about Eric's past everyone seemed to be pretty understanding, even Aiden. I don't get how they can just be so calm about it. He lied to us to infiltrate our group, and possibly steal the cure. This is no time to be calm.

After the announcement we headed back to the lab to finish up working on the cure.

"It's nearly complete." Dr. Johnson says as we walk into the lab. "Only a couple more tests and we're all set to test it."

"We're that close?" I question in disbelief. This all happened really fast. I can't believe we're so close.

"Mhm." He replies nonchalantly as he puts on his goggles.

"We're not gonna test her though right?" Angel asks, pointing over to Rebecca. I turn to look at Dr. Johnson. He takes his goggles off, looking over at his granddaughter.

"We probably shouldn't." I shake my head. "Not first anyway."

"We're gonna need to get a test subject then." Eric speaks up.

"I'll do it." I tell them, standing up from the chair I'd just sat in.

"No, I can-"

"I got it, Eric." I cut him off, rolling my eyes.

"This isn't a pissing match guys." Angel says, shaking her head. "Ashley just take him with you." She shrugs. "What harm could it be?"

"Ugh fine." I groan and practically stomp out of the lab.

"What's wrong with you?" Spencer chuckles at my face when I look up at her. Clearly I'm being a kid right now.

"Angels making me take Eric on a zombie run." I tell her with a pout.

"Why are you going on this said zombie run exactly?" She questions with a raised brow.

"We need one." I say simply. She smiles and waits for me to finish. "Oh! To test the cure on." I add.

She nods in understanding. "What's so wrong with taking-"

"Ugh!" I groan, cutting her off. I stomp down the hall and I hear her giggle as she chases after me.

"You really don't like him do you?" She asks when she reaches me.

"Not really." I pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't be cute." She kisses away my pout. "But he's not that bad, Ash. He's just here too-"

"Help, I know." I cut her off, rolling my eyes.

"Look, just give him a chance. You're a great judge of character Ashley. You knew something was up with him and now that you know what that something is, you just need to move past the distrust phase."

"Hey!" Hannah bangs on the glass across from us. Not this again. I shake my head, and sigh. I let out a grunt as I turn abruptly and head towards the door.

"Ashley no no no." Spencer chases after me.

"Look!" I burst into the room and say. "We're trying to create a cure... a vaccine, something that could save your asses and probably save the whole freaking word. So can you just sit your ass down, eat your food, drink your water and calm the fuck down." I snap. Her eyes get wide as she backs up into the wall and takes a seat next to her male counterpart. Who has been a model hostage might I add. "When we're done we're gonna give you two the vaccine and send you on your way, okay?!" I shout. She nods with wide eyes and I turn and walk away. I hear Spencer shut the door as she follows me out.

"You know you scared that poor girl right?" Spencer chuckles.

"Good."

"Are we ready?" Eric asks, walking down the hall.