We Find Truth Part II

"I'm not comfortable with you doing this, just so you know." I whisper to Spencer as I strap her down to the chair. She sighs and looks up at the ceiling. I know she's not entirely comfortable doing this either.

"So you've said." She replies blankly, not even bothering to look at me.

"Spencer you don't have to do-"

"I know that." She snaps, still looking at the ceiling. "Can we just-"

"How long are we gonna do this?" I question her, cutting her off as I tighten the strap on her right wrist.

"Do what?" She asks, finally tilting her head to look at me.

She stares at me and all I wanna do right now is kiss her. And I know she wouldn't be able to pull away because she's strapped to this chair. But I think better of it. Taking my bottom lip in between my teeth I reply, "This thing we're doing." She smiles and shakes her head.

"That's not gonna work this time, Ashley."

"I have no idea what you're taking about." I feign ignorance.

"Mhm." Is her reply as the door opens behind us.

"I don't see why we just don't use one of those strangers." Angel says as she comes in with Eric right on her heels.

"I'm doing this, Angel." Spencer says quickly.

"Holy crap, that's a zombie!" He half shouts, jumping back and putting a hand over his chest when he sees Rebecca to his right. I guess he still hasn't gotten used to them yet. Me...I've come in contact with so many that they rarely even phase me now.

"Yeah, Eric. That's a zombie, her names Rebecca." I tell him trying to hold in my laughter. I see Angel doing the same.

"Yep. Her names Rebecca and she's Ashley's ex-girlfriend." Spencer chimes in, turning away from me as I look back at her.

"Oh." Eric says and cringes as he figures it out in his head. "So that's why you're-" He pauses as I narrow my eyes at him. He clears his throat and shakes his head before saying, "Moving on," and walks a little closer to Rebecca timidly. "Let's do this."

"Make sure those straps are on Rebecca tightly before you undo the one around her waist." I tell Angel and Eric, who both nod. "We don't want this to get out of hand. I'm not risking Spencer's life." I add and they nod again, getting my point.

"Spencer." Mr. and Mrs. Carlin look on from the door.

"Mom and dad, I promise, I'll be fine." She tells them. Mr. Carlin has his arm around Mrs. Carlin with an unsure look. "I promise." Spencer says again. They both give a small nod before walking away into the room, placing a small kiss on their daughters forehead then walking back out.

"Spencer are you sure you wanna do this?" Glen comes in and asks her seconds later. I can see the worried look on his face. It's the same one everyone had when I announced that I was gonna let Spencer go through with this. Not that my opinion really mattered anyways. I'm sure that if I would have stood my ground and said no then Spencer would have gone behind my back and done something stupid like letting Rebecca bite her so that we'd have no choice but to use her. Which is what we're about to do right now but at least it's in a controlled environment.

"How many times do I have to say yes, Glen?" Spencer asks her brother who sighs and shakes his head.

"I just don't want anything to-"

"Ashley won't let that happen." She cuts her brother off and looks at me. "Right?"

"Right." I nod.

"Ashley, if you let anything happen to my sister I swear I'll-"

"Yeah. I got it Glen." I cut him off and roll my eyes. Why do people always feel the need to threaten others in situations like these? Like it'll change anything.

"Glen you can go now." Spencer tells her brother as everyone in the room stares at him.

"Fine, I just need to know one thing," He pauses, walking over to me. "I need you to tell me that you can protect her. That if it comes down to it, you'll do anything to protect my sister." He whispers to me and I'm taken aback. Can I? If it comes down to it, can I kill Rebecca?

"Yes." I say firmly after a moment.

"Good." He nods once and backs up towards the door.

"Satisfied?" Spencer questions her brother. He nods and throws his hands up . "I'm going." He says and walks away.

"Are you ready for this?" I turn back to Spencer. She nods before closing her eyes and laying her head back on the chair. I glance at the table next to us with all the supplies I'll need to draw her blood then quickly give her mine to change her back. "Bring her over." I tell Angel and Eric.

They lift Rebecca from the chair as she snaps at them. Eric tries his best to keep his composure but I can see how truly terrified he is.

"It's-" Barely leaves Eric's lips before the unthinkable happens he looses his grip on her arm strap, probably from sweaty hands and Rebecca gets loose. She over powers them both, knocking them to the floor and I know I only have a second, one solitary second to decide what happens. Rebecca lunges at Spencer and I close my eyes tightly, taking the knife from my pocket. A puff of air leaves my mouth as I lift the knife to jab it in Rebecca's head.

"Ashley no!" Spencer shouts, bringing me back to reality. I blink once as Spencer screams out in pain from the bite Rebecca has just inflicted on her arm. I pull Rebecca off of her, throwing her to the floor. She slowly gets back to her feet, growling as she makes her way back over to us.

"Argh, ungh, ah." She grunts. I pull my gun off my clip and shoot her in both legs...again.

"Strap her back up before I kill her." I tell Angel and Eric as they look on in fear. "Now!" I shout. They finally snap out of it and grab her, strapping her back to the chair as she struggles to break loose again. "Spencer..." I race back to her side. "Are you okay?" I ask. She laughs and nods.

"I guess we were taking too long to get this show on the road for her liking." Spencer jokes as tears roll down her cheeks.

"It hurts I know." I nod, grabbing the needle off the tray to take her blood. When Eric and Angel finish strapping Rebecca back to chair.

"I'm so sorry, Spencer she just slipped." Eric apologizes but Spencer shakes her head.

"It's fine." She assures him as I draw her blood. When I'm done I quickly lift my sleeve, grabbing the needle off the tray to draw my own blood. When I finish I clean Spencer's wound and stick the needle with my blood in her arm, injecting it all.

"This is gonna work right?" Eric asks, looking back between me and Spencer.

"I-"

"Yes!" Spencer cuts me off. She's clammy and feverish, something Aiden never became, at least not this quickly.

"Spencer you're-" I try but she cuts me off again.

"Gonna be fine." She tells me as her eyes flutter shut.

"Spencer." I shake her. "Spencer." I try again but she doesn't reply. She doesn't move.

"Did this happen with Aiden?" Angel questions me with wide eyes.

"No." I shake my head. Angel, Eric and I share a look before turning back to Spencer.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what I'm gonna do...