We're Really Gonna Save The World

"What did Dr. Johnson figure out?" I ask Eric as we walk back to the lab.

"I'm not sure, but he got this look." He shows me the face Dr. Johnson made. I chuckle. "Then he yelled eureka! So Angel told me to come find you." He shrugs.

"There's no way he figured this out that quickly." I shake my head.

"Well it was kinda his job once upon a time. One of the most brilliant scientist of his time." He says.

"What's your deal Eric?" I place a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from walking.

"What do you mean?" He asks as I take my hand off him.

"You're like this super smart kid that knows more than he should. I don't get it." I tell him with narrowed eyes. I never said what Dr. Johnson did for a living and he figured that out. He's just all too 'in the know' to be an outsider.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "I read a lot and I watched a lot of science shows." Doesn't explain anything really. Does anyone else feel like he just avoided my question?

"Okay." I brush it off, not really wanting to get into it right now.

"What were you thinking?" He looks to me and asks as we reach the lab.

"Nothing." I shake my head He opens the door and I follow him in. "Dr. Johnson did you find something?" I ask, walking over to him.

"It's in her blood." He says with a smile then goes back to what he was doing.

Huh?

"I don't understand." I tell him.

"Well technically, it's in both your blood."

Yeah I'm still not getting it.

"Dr. Johnson can you be a little more-"

"Here, take a look." He tells me, stepping aside to let me look into the microscope. I give him a puzzled look before stepping up to the microscope.

"What am I looking at?"

"This is a sample of Rebecca's blood and this is what happens when I mix it with yours." He says, as he mixes our blood.

"Nothing's happening." I look up from the microscope at him.

"Precisely." He smiles.

"Then what is-"

"This!" He cuts me off, holding up a finger as he picks up another slide. "...is what happens when I mix Spencer's tainted blood with yours, then with Rebecca's." He says, practically jumping up and down.

I squint harder just to make sure I'm seeing this right. "It's fighting the dead cells in Rebecca's blood." I gasp.

"Right." He nods and smiles.

"What does this mean?" I ask. I feel like a little kid right now. I feel like I used to be so much smarter.

"It means that we're gonna save the world!" Angel shouts behind me. I turn to see her and Eric smiling, then turn back to Dr. Johnson.

"It means, that we're closer to the cure." Dr. Johnson adds with a nod.

"This is amazing." I shake my head at the two behind me and smile. We've been working on this for days and Dr. Johnson comes in and figures it out in a couple of hours. "I'm gonna go tell Spencer the news." I say.

"Getting out of work again?" Angel asks with a smile.

"I can rescind my blessing for you to date my sister you know." Is my reply.