No Time For That

"Why are you not in there with the others?" Spencer asks me as I walk into 'our' room.

"I needed a break." I reply as I take a seat next to her. "Where'd you get these?" I ask, reaching for her bag of skittles. She looks at my hand and slaps it away. "Owie." I say, pulling my hand back.

"Next time, you lose it." She tells me seriously.

I know she's not joking.

We all know how Spencer feels about skittles.

"You didn't answer my question."

"From the stash we got back in Garden City." She replies, popping another skittle in her mouth.

"You know, I could really use a kiss right now." I turn to her with a smile and say. She waves her bag of skittles in my face and turns in the other direction. I guess that's a no.

"I was waiting until the right moment, Kyla. I didn't want to ask you out before-" We hear from the hallway, Spencer and I both crawl over to the window to stare at the arguing 'not couple.'

"Before what? Asking my sister first? I am so sick of everything always revolving around Ashley!" Kyla shouts and turns to walk away. Spencer snickers beside me. I bump shoulders with her and she almost chokes on a skittle.

"It was the proper thing to do, you're all the family she has Ky."

"You think she came and asked me before she started dating Spencer?" Kyla questions, Angel opens her mouth to speak but Kyla cuts her off. "Rhetorical question. She didn't! And this isn't the 1800s Angel, you don't have to ask my parent's if we can go steady."

"I think that was the sixt-"

"This is so stupid! I'm going out with Eric now so it doesn't even matter." Kyla shrugs and folds her arms.

"Where exactly are they planning on going anyways?" Spencer turns to me and asks. "It is a zombie apocalypse after all. Not like they can go to the movies." I snicker.

"This isn't fair Ky and you know it." Angel replies.

"Doesn't matter, you missed your chance and now it's too late."

"You don't even know this guy, not really." Angel says, moving closer to my sister.

I can agree with that.

"So!" Kyla shrugs. "He's nice and funny and cute and he's not afraid to go after what he wants." Kyla adds matter of factly.

"That's not the truth and you know it." Angel says a bit forceful, still moving closer. I hope this doesn't get out of hand and I have to step in.

"It is!" Kyla shouts, throwing her hands in the air, letting out an exasperated sigh. "We've been sharing the same tent for days now and not once have you even tried to fucking kiss me." Kyla says, whispering the last part.

"I told you I was waiting to-"

"Ask my sister, I got it." Kyla says, rolling her eyes. "All I wanted was for you to kiss me, just fucking kiss me, is that so hard to-"

Yup...

Kyla just got shut up the best way to shut someone up.

By kissing them, in case you were wondering.

That is my cue to turn away. I'd rather not see my sister make out with her... what the hell are they exactly?

"They are so cute." Spencer says as we turn away, putting our backs up against the wall.

"Too much drama if you ask me." I shrug and say. Spencer gives me a look that causes me to smile. "We do not have that kind of drama." I tell her. She raises a brow at me. "I would never deprive you of my lips and I'd like to hope that you feel the same." This time I'm the one with a raised brow. She smiles and pops another skittle in her mouth. That did not answer my question!