6. Cooking togheter

"You will be working in groups of two." Mrs. Bustier announced. The class was assigned to make a project to collect money for a charity. All the money that would be collected would go to children in Congo so they would be able to go to school. 

Marinette looked at her bestfriend and nudged her into the side of her stomach. "So what are we doing?" She asked. Alya shrugged. "Sorry girl but I'm going to do something with Nino." She said, making Marinette dramatically gasp. "You're ditching me for a man? How dare you?!" She exclaimed. Alya laughed and rolled her eyes. "I promised Nino that next time we had to work in pairs, i would go with him. I have been with you every time and he got a little jealous." She said, giving her a grin, making Marinette giggle. 

Just that time the boys turned around in their seat and looked at them. "Well since Nino decides to ditch me, do you wanna work togheter?" Adrien told Marinette. Her eyes widend and got all red. Alya rolled her eyes and decided to help her out. "She'll love to work togheter." She answered for her. Adrien smiled at her before turning back to the front. Marinette looked at Alya and her mouth wide open. Alya swung her hair behind her shoulder. "You're welcome." She sang. 

Later during the break, Marinette was putting away her books in her locker when Adrien came towards her. "Hey Mari." he greeted her with his usual stunning smile. Marinette smiled back and closed her locker. "Hi" She answered. "So you have any idea what we're gonna do to raise money?" He asked her. Marinette gasped. "Oh i thought we could make cupcakes or  cookies or something and then sell it. I know my dad would love to help us out." She told him. Adrien nodded enthusiastic. "That's a great idea! All though there is one problem." He said, looking down ashamed. Marinette furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"I don't know how to bake. Like anything." He admitted. Marinette giggeld. "Don't worry i'll teach you. You have a pro to help you out." She joked. Adrien dramatically grabbed a hold of his chest. "Oh thank god!" He groaned out causing them to both laugh. 

The next day after school, Adrien came by. "Oh Adrien! Marinette is already in the kitchen. You can just join her." Sabine said as she soon as she noticed Adrien entering. He gave her a thankful smile and went to the back. He entered the room as Marinette putting things ready. "Hey!" He greeted causing her to squeak and turn her around in shock. Adrien eyes widend as he noticed he scared her. "Oh i'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said, concern showing his face. Great, i already messed up' he thought to himself. 

Marinette lightly laughed and nodded her head. "N-no it's okay. I just was somewhere else with my head." She explained, making Adrien nod his head. "Ready to make some cupcakes?" She asked him. "Ofcourse!" 

They start baking the cupcakes and everything went really well. Adrien put the cupcakes in the oven and started it. "Am i doing good?" He asked. Marinette giggeld. "Yes, you learn quick." She told him causing him to let out a sigh of relief. "So what do we do now?" He asked. Marinette put away the towel and whiped her hands off her apron. "Well we just wait until the cupcakes are done baking and then we can decorate them." She explained to him, making him nod. "Then what do we do in the mean time?" He asked. 

Marinette hopped on the counter before Adrien took the place beside her. "I don't know. Talk?" She suggested making him lightly chuckle. "So have you designed anything lately?" He asked her. She shook her head, dissapointed. " No, i have been really busy." She told him. Adrien frowned. "Yeah i noticed. You forget a lot of tests and don't hang out with us so much anymore. I mean i don't either but that's normal." He said, making her laugh. "But hey if you need any help, i'm here for you." He said, placing his hand on top of her, loving the blush it created on her cheeks. 

She gave him a grateful smile. "Thank you." She replief before Adrien wrapped her into a hug. She was shocked for a while but he felt so warm and comfortable so she wrapped her arms around him. Meanwhile they were hugging, the oven went off. They pulled away and looked at each other. "That means they're ready." Adrien said, proudly. Marinette laughed. "Well aren't you a genius?" She smirked at him before she opened the oven and took them out. After they cooled down a bit, they could finally decorate them. 

Adrien pulled away and looked at his cupcake with a raised eyebrow. Marinette noticed him looking down at his cupcake weird. "What's wrong?" She asked. Adrien sighed in defeat. "Yours look so pretty and then you have mine." Marinette giggeld and looked at it. "Ah c'mon it's not that bad for your first try! Practice makes perfect." She told him. He smiled up at her. "Okay so now we just hope they sell good." Marinette told him, drying her hands after she washed them. 

"I think so because i posted about it on my instagram and it got a lot of comments." He said. She looked at him in disbelief. "Really? You did that?" He asked. He nodded and smiled at her. Tom walked into the kitchen with an empty plate in his hand. "Uhm kids, there's a huge line outside waiting for cupcakes so i think it's a good idea to make some more."

Adrien and Marinette looked at each other and laughed. "I guess we have to make more cupcakes." Adrien shrugged. 

Word count: 982