9. Buttercup

Adrien paced his room nervously as he bit on his nails. He ran a hand trough his hair and sat down on the couch. "Shit" He cursed to himself as he heard Plagg laughing behind him. 

It had finally hit him. He was in love with Marinette. And not a little. Everything about her was so mesmerizing. Her laugh, her eyes, the little freckles on her nose, the way she'd bit on her lip while she was drawing. He has always been in love with her, he just only realized now. 

"What is the big deal? Okay, you've finally found out you're in love with pigtails. Now you can go date and get married and have hamsters." Plagg told him, throwing another piece of cheese inside his mouth. Adrien glared at him in disgust and rolled his eyes. "It's not that easy!" He exclaimed. He still remembered how Marinette had told him a couple months ago about 'buttercup'. 

He had no idea who that was but he did know that she was in love with the guy and hearing at the love confession she had wrote, it wasn't just a little crush. 

His first thought was Luka. He and Marinette had dated for a couple weeks and made each other really happy but suddenly they were over. They were still pretty good friends and got along well but he had overheard Mari telling her friends, she didn't have anymore feelings for him. So it probably wasn't him...

For a minor second he thought Nathaniel because he used to have a huge crush on Marinette. But he was now gay and happily a couple with Marc so he hoped for Marinette, it wasn't him. 

But then who else could it be? He couldn't ask her either because she had told Chat Noir about buttercup and he really couldn't let her find out he was Chat Noir. 

He felt so stupid that he only now had realised he was in love with her but he didn't like it. He would have to act normal around her and not like he wanted to wrap his arms around her, spoil her and treat her like his girlfriend. We all know there was no way he was gonna be able to hide it. Look at Ladybug. 

Oh ladybug. It's been a while since he had thought about her. The akuma attacks had been calm the last few days wich meant he didn't see her a lot anymore but it was alright because in that way he could text Marinette all day. That ofcourse wouldn't change the fact that ladybug would forever have a special place in his heart.

Telling her he was in love was also no use. She was in love with someone else and no matter how much he liked her, he did not want to stop her for being happy. No matter how unhappy it made him. She would have thought the same and that's one of the reasons, he fell for her. 

Telling her also might ruin their friendship and the last thing he wanted was losing her completly.

"Why can't i fall for girls who actually like me back?" He said to himself. Plagg laughed at him and flew on his shoulder. "I don't know, kid. Maybe there's something wrong with you." He replied. Adrien looked at him, dropping his hands and letting his hair fall in front of his eyes. "Thanks, buddy." He said, sarcastic. 

Plagg got off his shoulder and flew in front of his face. "Look kid, it will all turn out alright okay? Don't worry too much and don't flirt with her or you'll annoy her like you annoyed ladybug." He said but now serious. Adrien gave him a sad smile and held up his fist. "Thanks, Plagg." He said before the kwami pushed his little fist against his big one.

Word count: 648