23. Fireworks

Today was the day that many Parisians looked forward to. Heroes day. One day a year that no one worries about anything and just has fun with their friend and family. And of course, all of our heroes celebrate that day just as much. 

Even since Shadowmoth's attacks strangely calmed down, Marinette began to finally enjoy that day but now that she was able to celebrate it with Adrien, and Chat Noir by her side, she was even more excited. 

Alya and Nino decided to throw a party at their apartment and in the evening they would go watch the fireworks. Adrien being Adrien with all his contacts was able to get tickets to go watch them on the Eifel Tower. The day was perfectly planned.

Adrien and Marinette walked through the city of Paris with their fingers interlocked. It had been a while since the news of their relationship was out and neither of them didn't like the public display of affection. Marinette looked around and noticed two little kids on the other side of the street. 

The little girl wore a chat noir costume while the little boy wore his ladybug costume. The two looked like they were in a heated discussion while probably their mom tried to calm them down. She looked at her boyfriend and nudged him in the side before pointing to the little kids. He smiled and chuckled. 

"What do you think they're arguing about?" He asked, leaning his head against hers as they stopped for a moment. "Probably discussing who the best hero is." She replied. Adrien chuckled into her ear and left a kiss on her temple. "You are." He said as they continued walking. Marinette looked at him and frowned. "No, I'm not!" She yelled out as she shook her head. Adrien gave her his usual smirk and looked in front of him. 

Mari narrowed her eyes at him before just giving up and hugging the side of his body. He slung his arm around her, laughing as they almost reached Alya and Nino's apartment.  They entered the building and took the elevator upstairs. Marinette knocked on the door and not 5 seconds later, Nino opened the door. "Ah, there are the lovebirds. Come in!" Nino exclaimed, moving out of the way for them to come in. Marinette and Adrien laughed slightly at him before entering the apartment. 

Marinette kissed her boyfriend on the cheek before she went to find her best friend and the rest of the girls. It gave Adrien a chance to catch up with the boys. 

"Ahh, there he finally is!" Kim yelled as he saw Adrien come up. He put his arm around him and gave him a big hug. "Look like someone missed me." Adrien laughed as he patted his friend's back. "Well, we haven't seen you in a while okay? Don't blame me." Kim said as he pulled away. 

"Well yeah I go to college now and I live with Mari so I have been busy," Adrien explained. Luka chuckled and leaned on his shoulder. "Busy huh? With what?" He smirked. Adrien smacked him on the back of his head and shook his head in disapproval. "Since when did you become such a pervert?" 

Nino laughed at his friend before speaking up to Adrien. "But no dude. How is ESMOD?" He asked. Adrien smiled big. "Good actually. I was afraid that I wouldn't like it." He told them. "How come?" Luka asked, frowning. Adrien grabbed the beer Nino held out to him and took a sip. "Well I had pretty much no idea what I wanted to do in life so when my dad asked if I wanted to join the company, I was like why not? I did wanna have a degree in college so a business one in ESMOD was the best idea." 

Kim raised his eyebrow. "And the fact that your girlfriend who you're head over heels for, goes there had nothing to do with it?" He asked, clearly teasing him. Adrien had to blush a little so drank from his beer to cover it up. "Well it was a little push but also because it's an amazing school and close to the apartment we wanted," he explained. "Yeah. Sure." Kim gave up. 

A couple of hours later, it was close to midnight and the friend group was making its way up the Eifel Tower. "Okay I love that we get to see the fireworks from up there but why can't we use the elevator?" Zoe complained as they climbed the stairs. 

Marinette rolled her eyes. "The line was too long and c'mon we're almost there." She exclaimed cheerful, taking the lead with her boyfriend by her side. 5 minutes later, they arrived at the top. Adrien walked over to the railing with Marinette and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind her. 

He nuzzled his nose into her hair and placed a kiss on it. Marinette hummed and turned her head to him. "How long until midnight?" She asked him, leaning her head against his shoulder. Adrien held out his arm and checked his watch. "Two minutes," he replied, placing his head on top of hers. 

"Happy heroes day, my love." He told her, grinning down at her. Marinette giggled and turned around to him before she put both her arms on either side of his shoulder. "Happy heroes day, kitten," she told him before she closed the gap between them by placing her lips on top of his. 

Just as their lips touched, the fireworks went off. The couple pulled away, laughing. "Dammit, now it's the fireworks between us." Adrien joked, sarcastically rolling his eyes. Marinette laughed and gave him a light kiss. "No one and nothing can pull me away from you now." She told him.