22. Late night talks

After kicking that Akuma's butt, Adrien and Marinette both went to their own houses to scream into a pillow. Both of them were on cloud nine but they knew there was a lot to talk about. Even though they're so happy that their partner is also their lover, there was one question in both of their head. How did they not realize it? 

Adrien knew that Marinette sometimes made up some awful excuses. Either in class or when they were hanging out with friends but also on their dates. He must so he was a little relieved because he was always afraid he was making her uncomfortable or something. 

He sat on his couch with his hands in her hair as he stared in front of him. "What's the big deal? So you finally found out!" Plagg exclaimed flying beside Adrien's head. Adrien looked up and glared at him. "Ugh, I just have so many questions!" He yelled out, standing up again. Plagg shrugged and threw another piece of cheese in his mouth. 

"Then just go to pigtails and ask her these questions." He simply replied. Adrien groaned. "No! She's probably freaking out right now too. I'm going to give her some space to think first." 

He wasn't wrong. 

Marinette was laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She has been laying there for 30 minutes now. If it's not more. She finally sat up and looked at Tikki who was waiting for her to say something. She took a deep breath before talking. "You knew all this time?" She asked. Tikki slowly nodded before taking another bite of her macaroon. 

Marinette threw herself back on her bed and groaned, covering her face with her hands. "I just can't believe it!" She exclaimed loudly. She wanted to begin a whole ramble about how she never knew it sooner but a notification on her phone got her attention. She got off her bed and reached for her phone. She saw Adrien had texted her and immediately opened it. 

'Ugh yes please!' she thought to herself before she answered. 

She smiled and put away her phone. Maybe she was making a big deal about this. It's Adrien and her. They'll be alright. 

At exactly 9 pm when her parents had already gone to bed, someone knocked on her window. She quickly got up and went towards her balcony. "Hey" She softly said as she stood in front of him. "Hey" He replied before he transformed back. Marinette watched amused. Adrien smirked. "Like what you see?" He asked. Marinette slapped his chest and giggled. "Don't be so corky." She told him. 

They both took a seat next to each other on the balcony. After a couple of minutes of silence, Adrien decided to speak. "How're you doing?" He asked. Marinette looked at him and gave him a soft smile. "Alright. A little confused but good. How about you?" Adrien looked back to Paris. "Kinda the same. It's just..." He waited for a second to continue because the last thing he wanted to do was say something to upset her. He could see she was shocked by the events today and didn't want to upset her more. 

"I can't believe we didn't see it sooner. Now that I think about it it makes so much sense!" He exclaimed, laughing away the pain. Marinette laughed a little too before becoming silent and looking down. "A-are you d-disappointed it was me?" She asked, internally facepalming because she was stuttering again. I was for sure more than a year ago since she stuttered to him. 

Adrien chuckled and reached for her hand, deciding to not tease her about the stutter since she was clearly nervous.  He placed his lips against them before looking up, looking into her eyes. "Of course, I'm not disappointed. Are you crazy?" He told her. Marinette's shoulders relaxed as that smile appeared on her face again. He reached out and kissed her forehead. 

"I could never be disappointed with you." He told her. Marinette's heart melted before she leaned her head against his shoulder. "I'm really happy it's you, kitty." She whispered, squeezing his hand. Adrien got goosebumps all over his body as he heard the word 'kitty' come out of her mouth. He had always loved when his lady called him that. Now it was both his lady and his princess. He was in heaven. The two people he loved the most were the same person. 

I hate that I have to do this but I will be putting this book on hold for a second. I'm going to focus on my other book, ladynoir July because i don't want to have to continue that book in september haha 

Word count: 791