18.Rescue

TW: panic attack 

Marinette was panicking and not a little bit. Last night she was too busy patrolling the city that she forgot to make her math homework and study for chemistry. She could not afford another fail on her rapport. 

She walked into school with wiggly legs while biting her nails. She saw Adrien standing against a wall while Kim, Nino, and a couple of other guys from the basketball team that she recognized. She decided to not go there and go straight to the locker room, hoping to be able to do her homework. She walked faster than usual and opened the locker room. 

She quickly looked around and was very grateful no one else was there. She sat her backpack on a bench, close to her locker. She opened the zipper and searched for her homework. She opened folders and other books but she still couldn't find it. Panic started rising inside her as she kept looking. Her breathing got heavier and her forehead was covered with sweat. She almost couldn't hear the footsteps from behind her.

Two hands grabbed a hold of her waist and turned her around. "Hey, shhtt calm down for me, please." A voice whispered. She looked up and saw the green ones she loved so much through blurry eyes. Adrien placed a hand on her cheek and rubbed his thumb against it while the other hand caressed her hair. "It's alright, baby. Everything will be alright." He whispered into her ear before leaving a kiss on her temple. 

By now tears were streaming down her face and she leaned her head against his chest. "Try to match my breathing, okay?" He told her. She took deep breaths and two minutes later, she had calmed down. Adrien slipped a finger underneath her chin and kissed her lightly. "You're alright?" He asked, concern showing on his face.  Marinette nodded, keeping her head against his chest. He kissed her head and held her closer. "Could you tell me what's going on?" He asked. Marinette took a deep breath and pulled away from his chest. 

"I was too busy doing... things that I totally forgot about the homework and the test I have in third period. I wanted to do the homework now but I can't find it again." She exclaimed, tears appearing in her eyes again. Adrien kept one of his hands on her arm while he used the other to grab his backpack. He pulled out a folder and grabbed a paper from in between it. 

"I noticed that you were busy so yesterday I came over to help you but you weren't there. I had seen your homework laying on your desk and I decided to just bring it home with me and do it for you." He explained, handing her the paper. Marinette looked up at him in surprise. 

"I'm sorry I should have told you I took it but I totally forgot to tell you about it. It is finished tho." He said, looking down, a little guilty. Marinette took a look at the paper and saw all the questions answered. Probably correct too because her incredibly smart boyfriend made it for her. 

"I- Adrien..." Her mouth opened to say something but not much came out. Adrien chuckled and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "You're welcome." He told her with a grin on his face. Marinette smiled and shook her head. "You telling me you had stolen my homework, would have saved me a lot of panic tho." She laughed it off. 

Adrien slung his arm around her shoulder and squeezed it. "I'm sorry. I also can't help you with your test because we don't have that period together but I'm sure you'll do alright. You're smart and you'll for sure remember something from the lesson." He told her. Marinette rolled her eyes. 

"And if it would make you feel more confident, I will look through the theory with you during the break." Marinette hugged him tight again. "I would like that. Thank you" She mumbled into his shirt but Adrien understood her clearly. "Anything for you, my love." He responded.