19. Fencing

Marinette was on her way to school with both Nino and Alya by her side. There was a fencing tournament at school this afternoon for teenagers all over France but only the best. Marinette was so proud that not only her boyfriend but also one of her closest friends was joining today. 

After they had walked inside, Marinette told her friends that Adrien was excepting her in his changing room as he had told her he was there and would love it if she came by before the start of the tournament. Meanwhile, Alya and Nino were going to search for a place for them on the tribune. 

Marinette walked towards the door and gave it a knock. Just 5 seconds later, the door already opened and Adrien came out. He was already in his fencing costume and her opinion, he looked so hot. 

"Hi" She greeted him with her usual cheerful smile that he loved so much. He mirrored her expression before leaning down to place a kiss on her lips. "Hey. I'm really glad you're here." He told her. Marinette crossed her arms in front of her chest and frowned. "Of course! I wouldn't want to miss this." She exclaimed. Adrien looked down and awkwardly moved his feet. "You're the only one." He said. 

Marinette frowned as she noticed something until it clicked. "He isn't here?" She asked. She hoped he had come because Adrien was looking forward to making his father proud but as she saw Adrien shake his head, she knew he didn't come. Unbelievable. 

"He had to go to an important meeting," Adrien explained, running a hand through his hair. "That's ridiculous!" Marinette yelled a little too late as she leaned against the inside of the door. "Nothing should be more important than his son!" 

Adrien grabbed her waist, trying to calm her down as he saw she was seriously pissed with his father. He couldn't blame her. "It's alright, Mari. I'm used to it." He told her as Marinette moved her hands around his neck. "Well, you shouldn't be." She whispered to him. Adrien shrugged. "What can I do against it?" 

Marinette didn't know what to answer so she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close. Adrien happily hugged her back. He felt so lucky to have her and didn't ever want to lose what they had. "You'll do great either way," Marinette said, breaking the silence. Adrien kissed her head in thank you. 

They pulled away from the hug and Marinette looked around. "Uhm little question." She said causing Adrien to raise an eyebrow. "Does Kagami know we're dating?" She asked. Adrien smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I told her last week after practice." He answered her. 

He did. He was a little nervous to tell her because it took a while for them to get back friends after her breakup. He didn't want the news the break not only their friendship but also hers and Marinette's. 

"And how did she react?" Marinette asked, curious and nervous. "Very good actually. She was happy for us." He answered. Marinette sighed in relief and was very glad that the fact that she was dating her friend's ex didn't ruin their friendship. 

Adrien decided to not tell her that Kagami told him she always knew they were going to get together one day and that she always was rooting for them to happen. It only made him feel more stupid for not opening his eyes to Marinette sooner. 

Marinette sadly had to say goodbye to Adrien because Adrien's trainer called him for the last talk. Marinette gave him a big good luck kiss before she went to join Alya and Nino. "Hey, you found him?" Alya asked as she took her place on her seat. "Yes, he was nervous but good nervous." She replied. Nino joined in the conversation and shifted a little closer. "Is his old man here?" He asked. Marinette shook her head, disappointed. "Nope, he had to go to some meeting." She said as she rolled her eyes. 

The announcer announced that the tournament was about to start and all the contestants came out of their changing rooms.

3 hours later, the tournament had ended and Adrien stood proudly, showing off his silver medal. Marinette couldn't be more proud. 

Word count: 720