Chapter 2

After they arrived at the Lake County region. The couple settled down to eat their picnic food which was porg sandwiches.

"Mmmm, these sandwiches you made are amazing!" Complimented Rey as she continued to chow down her food.

"I know sweetheart," said Ben "Chewie taught me to cook just simple foods like a sandwich".

"Ben, did you bring the whole roast bird of it?" Asked Rey.

"Uh no, unfortunately," replied Ben "The bag is too full of other things, sorry"

They continued eating all of the food in the picnic bag. Afterwards, they lay on the warm grass surrounded by a cool soft breeze.

The couple both gazed off into the boundless skyline while holding hands and listening to the birds singing.

Altogether, they closed their eyes at peace with mediation to relax in the shining sun shimmering down onto their bodies.

"Do you like this peaceful meadow Rey?" Ben asked her as he turned in full an eye-contact manner towards her.

"Mmhm" Rey smiled sweetly back at Ben. This time Rey inched her face to Ben closer. Within a moment their lips collided, both could feel the warm soft kiss they shared.

They both let go of it, resulting in Ben with his heart full of feelings of love about Rey as he smiled like he did when he redeemed her back a year ago.

"I'm so grateful that I met you on that very day on Takadonna Rey" mentioned Ben "Without you, I wouldn't have discovered our dyad connection and been saved from the Darkside, Thank you".

"But for some reason, I wonder why we are chosen to be dyads" continued Ben "I don't know why but maybe it's true love I guess ?"

"Maybe you should ask Maz Kanata
Ben, she's over a thousand years old and she knew the force for a long time already!" Rey replied

"Oh what about the ancient Jedi texts, it might have answers to how a dyad is formed in the force between force-sensitive individuals, Rey" Ben referred "You haven't read those for a while"

"I know my love, I wasn't since I was so busy getting to know you after I recused you in return from the WBW" Rey explained to him.

"Please start reading the texts later now" pleaded Ben "I'm just super curious about our truth as a dyad".

"Okay, then I will. Subject change, why don't we now go dip our feet into The lake and gaze at the waterfall" Rey asked Ben politely.

Ben nodded his head yes and moments later they did what his girlfriend asked for to relax by the lakeside.

"This water is so bitterly cold" Ben complained "My feet are shaking very roughly"

"Aw, your feet are cold too. When you sleep with me I would shriek like a frightened Wookie because of your cold feet" laughed Rey "And you need to get a pedicure on your toenails because they are looking so ugly.

"I understand" replied Ben "My dad's toenails are ugly too. Funny thing is that my mother is scared of his nails too, Rey".

Then a shaak came past by from the field and started to drink water from the lake. It first shoved the two dyads, crossing between them holding hands. All the couple could see was the shaak's rear-end in their face.

"Let's give this creature some space" Ben recommended "Otherwise it will drop feces on our feet".

Rey started to chortle at what Ben said as both the pair ran across the pasture in joy. They then both rolled themselves together along the grass, laughing as Rey hovered on Ben, looking down at her boyfriend sweetly.

"I love you so much, Ben" whispered Rey as she gently kissed him softly. "I love you too" replied Ben then kissing her back sincerely.

The pair stayed at the lake county for another few hours before heading back to their hotel in the heart of Theed.

Once they went back, they changed clothes for the party as preparation. Rey wore a halter navy blue velvet dress that covered up her knees gracefully.

Ben on the other hand wore a dark blue jacket along with high-waisted pants and boots. Plus his jet-black hair was neatly combed too.

When Rey saw his choice of clothing that Ben grabbed from his suitcase, she was surely indeed satisfied with his option to look handsome for her too.

"Hahaha I bet those young twi lek chicks will squeal and chase after you like a furious Banta" teased Rey "Don't even let them climb upon you".

Ben then burst into laughter with a smile, "You think I'm so handsome that those girls will thirst over me?" he snickered while laughing even harder "Ah you are so hilarious".

"Plus don't forget your lightsabers and blaster sweetheart" Rey reminded him "You used to be a supreme leader and there is a lot of Ben haters".

They both clipped their weapons onto their belts then headed into the streets where a huge crowd had already gathered everywhere at the Royal Palace. The party was 10 minutes in before starting.

"C'mon" called Ben as he and Rey navigate through the crowd to prepare for some dancing.