007.

──── chapter seven

{ 🔮 }  · giant lion

{ 🔮 }  · giant lion . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

NEVER LET ZOË NIGHTSHADE drive; never. The four girls and the satyr all piled into the van, Thalia and Endora sitting beside each other in the second row, while Bianca and Zoë sat up front. Grover sat in the extra seat beside two campers. Phoebe, who suddenly fell ill, stayed back at the camp and much to Endora's annoyance, Zoë thought it would be good idea just to go and not bring someone else.

Endora felt a little bit guilty that Percy couldn't come on this quest, but then again, he was a bitch to her when she tried to approach him, so the guilt was short lived. She didn't see him that morning when she walked from her cabin, nor was he at the combat arena like the girl usually see him. Odd, but she didn't focus on that much.

Traffic was bad with the holidays and the witch was hating every minute of it. Zoë drove south like a crazy person, and Endora honestly thought they were gonna crash on multiple occasions. 

They made it all the way to Maryland before Zoë finally pulled over at a rest stop. They all decided to go to the restroom and get something warm to drink from inside the convenience store in the rest stop before heading out again. Endora decided to buy herself a pack of powdered doughnuts and a hot chocolate, munching on the sweet as she followed everyone after paying.

As they walked out, Grover began talking about some nature spell he'd been doing on the ride down, and how he was sure he knew where to go first.

"Grover, are you sure?" Thalia asked.

"Well. . . pretty sure. Ninety-nine percent. . .  Okay, eighty-five percent."

"And you did this with acorns?" Bianca asked.

Grover looked offended. "It's a time-honored tracking spell. I mean, I'm pretty sure I did it right."

"Time-honored tracking spell," Endora muttered, "Never heard of that one."

"D.C. is about sixty miles from here," Bianca said. "Nico and I. . ." she frowned. "We used to live there. That's. . . that's strange. I'd forgotten."

"I dislike this," Zoë said. "We should go straight west. The prophecy said west."

"Oh, like your tracking skills are better?" Thalia growled.

Zoë stepped toward her. "You challenge my skills, you scullion? You know nothing of being a Hunter!"

"Oh, scullion. You're calling me a scullion? What the fuck is a scullion?"

"Whoa, you two," Grover said nervously. "Come on. Not again!"