007.

──── chapter seven

{ 🔮 }  · too much is happening

{ 🔮 }  · too much is happening . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

THE NEXT HOUR WAS A BLUR. Endora fought like she'd never fought before ─ wading into legions of dracaenae with Percy, burning out dozens of telkhines with Lou Ellen and Basil, destroying empousai with hexes and curses. No matter how many they defeated, more took their place.

One time she was helping Madeline fight off some empousai, turning them against each other with a simple confusion spell. She helped Fredrick with growing vines around monsters and trapping them inside and destroying them with one hand movement. The girl even fought with the Hephaestus cabin, helping them grew the greek fire they threw at their enemies. It was chaotic, but nothing could prepare her for what happened next.

Endora raced from block to block, trying to shore up their defenses. Too many of her friends lay wounded in the streets. Too many were missing. 

The brunette shot flames of purple fire at telkhines that dared to approach her, sending them back to Tartarus with only their armor being left behind. More monsters came towards her. She cursed in Greek, lifting her hands up. She twisted them quickly, cracking and breaking bones of monsters closest to her. 

But there were still too many and she was alone.

Right?

Maybe it was out of instinct, maybe she felt it like a hidden force, but Endora quickly teleported from her spot to one further away, away from danger. Her eyes snapped to the place she was standing before. A dagger flew right where she had been standing ─ would have pierced right though her heart if she stayed second later

"Fast reflexes," a voice said from the shadows.

Endora trusted her hand up, creating a magic shield in front of her just as green light came in contact with it. She backed away slightly and her eyes trailing on a figure that emerged from the darkness. 

Gods were laughing at her.

"Alabaster." she hissed, her hand sparking up, ready to fire the first spell that came to her mind.

"Endora," Alabaster said in such a calm tone, smiling widely at his sister. "How are you, my dear sister? You seem too exhausted."

"You're eyes are always deceiving you." she shot back, "Here to try and kill me again?"

"If I wanted to, I would have killed you last time." her brother pointed out.

"Now we both know that's likely story," Endora rolled her eyes, not removing her hand, "They wouldn't let me die."

"Having gods on your side is not always good, my dear sister. They will just use you." the boy's eyes showed nothing but hatred towards the upper beings, "Want something in return for their generosity. It's not late to join us. We can in with you on our side."