005.

──── chapter five

{ 🔮 }  · stupid decisions, but what's new?

{ 🔮 }  · stupid decisions, but what's new? . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

LOCATOR SPELLS DIDN'T SEEM to work and it was driving Endora insane. She tried to cast one to help them find Daedalus easier, but whenever she tried, it pointed straight back to the Camp.

"What is happening!" Endora puffed out in frustration. She let Percy wrap bandage around the cut on her palm as she watched the trail of blood moving to where the Camp Half-blood is located on the map. "How is it and why is it going back?"

"Has this happened before?" Percy asked.

Endora shook her head, "My spells always work unless someone puts some type of a blocking spells. . . which I think somehow Nico did."

"Let's get moving then," Annabeth said, standing up from her spot next to Endora, "Maybe try again later. But that is weird."

The left tunnel was straight with no side exits, twists, or turns, but, it was a dead end. After sprinting a hundred yards, the group ran into an enormous boulder that completely blocked their path. Behind them, the sounds of dragging footsteps and heavy breathing echoed down the corridor. Something ─ definitely not human ─ was following them.

"Tyson," Percy said, "can you ─ "

"Yes!" he slammed his shoulder against the rock so hard the whole tunnel shook. Dust trickled from the stone ceiling.

"Hurry!" Grover said. "Don't bring the roof down, but hurry!"

The boulder finally gave way with a horrible grinding noise. Tyson pushed it into a small room and the group dashed through behind it.

"Close the entrance!" Annabeth said. 

Endora trusted her hand up, black magic surrounded the boulder and lifted it, placing it back its in original place. Whatever was chasing them wailed in frustration as they heaved the rock back into place and sealed the corridor.

"We trapped it," Percy said.

"Or trapped ourselves," Grover said.

"You mean I trapped it," Endora said.

They ignored her, turning around to look at their surrounding.

"You were amazing, Endy." Percy said, standing next to her, his hand brushing against hers.

Endora pulled her hand away, letting the blue flames appear around her fingers, "Thanks." she muttered under her breath, enough for him to hear. She could see a small smile appearing on his face ─ even if small, it was there.