003.

──── chapter three

{ 🔮 } · weapons ready

{ 🔮 } · weapons ready . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

ONE FUCKING DAY, Endora Prince will strangle Percy Jackson with her bare hands for how much trouble he gets himself into. First disappears without a trace; second, he doesn't answer any of Endora's Iris messages; third, her locator spell told her he was in the Underworld; fourth, he just sent Annabeth a voice message to come Empire State building because it was starting.

Great way to make someone's day.

About forty campers from Camp Half-Blood gathered around Percy and his hellhound, Mrs. O'Leary ─ all except Ares cabin. They had arrived in the strawberry van with Argus driving. Everyone looked nervous, and Endora understood why. They were probably sending out so much demigod aura that every monster in the northeastern United States knew they were here.

Endora walked up to Percy with Annabeth following behind her. Both girls were dressed in black camouflage; Annabeth with her Celestial bronze knife strapped to her arm and her laptop bag slung over her shoulder, and Endora with her spellbook attached to the black jeans she wore.

The brunette studied him. There was something. . . different about him. His confidence seemed to skyrocket, and the way he held himself made him seem like. . . god. Endora could feel her cheeks warm up. It didn't help that Percy caught her staring.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing!" Endora said quickly, looking away.

Percy tilted his head, but turned to the rest of the group as they all watched him. "Thanks for coming, everybody. Chiron, after you." 

Chiron shook his head. "I came to wish you luck, my boy. But I make it a point never to visit Olympus unless I am summoned."

"But you're our leader."

He smiled. "I am your trainer, your teacher. That is not the same as being your leader. I will go gather what allies I can. It may not be too late to convince my brother centaurs to help. Meanwhile, you called the campers here, Percy. You are the leader."