013.

──── chapter thirteen

{ 🔮 }  · he is who?

{ 🔮 }  · he is who? . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

"THIS WAY!" Rachel yelled.

"Why should we follow you?" Annabeth demanded. "You led us straight into that death trap!"

"It was the way you needed to go," Rachel said. "And so is this. Come on!"

Annabeth didn't look happy about it, but she ran along with the rest of them. Rachel seemed to know exactly where she was going. She whipped around corners and didn't even hesitate at crossroads. Once she said, "Duck!" and they all crouched as a huge axe swung over their heads. Then the group kept going as if nothing had happened.

They didn't stop to rest until they came to a room the size of a gymnasium with old marble columns holding up the roof. Endora listening closely for sounds of pursuit, but nothing was heard. It looked like they had lost Luke and his army in the maze.

Ethan collapsed on the floor. "You people are crazy." He pulled off his helmet. His face gleamed with sweat.

The brunette girl beside him slid down the stone wall, her hand at her side and letting out a long string of curse words. Endora looked at the girl surprised, "Nihongo? Japanese?"

The girl looked up and tilted her head to one side, "E e, anata wa sore o shitte imasu ka? Yeah, you know it?"

"Chotto dake. Just a bit." the witch said and her eyes averted towards the boy, her curious expression morphing into a glare, "So you wanna join the Titans too, huh, Ethan? Where is the boy who talked shit about them?"

Ethan looked at the girl and let out a breathy laugh, "It's nice to see you too, Dora?"

The rest of the group watched the staring ( more like glaring from Endora's side ) contest before Percy spoke, "You know each other?"

Endora looked away from the boy and towards the son of Poseidon, "Ethan Nakamura, son of Nemesis, disappeared on the same day as my brother. You can say we. . . know each other."

"Oh, now, Dora ─ "

"I will not hesitate to burn your ass if necessary."

The black haired boy laughed, "Oh, I know you wouldn't."

Annabeth stepped forward, putting her hand on Endora's shoulder, "Why were you trying to join up with the wrong side?" she looked towards the brunette girl who listened to everything but opted to stay quiet, "And who's she?"

Ethan sneered. "There's no right side. The gods never cared about us. Why shouldn't I ─ "

"Sign up with an army that makes you fight to the death for entertainment?" Annabeth said. "Gee, I wonder."