011.

──── chapter eleven

{ 🔮 }  · magic is near

{ 🔮 }  · magic is near . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

"WHERE YOU GUYS want to land?" Hank asked, waking Endora up from a nap. She looked down. The girl'd seen San Francisco in pictures before, but never in real life. It was probably one of the most beautiful cities she'd ever seen ( New Orleans will always be her first choice no matter what ). There was a huge bay and ships, islands and sailboats, and the Golden Gate Bridge sticking up out of the fog. 

"There," Zoë suggested. "By the Embarcadero Building."

"Good thinking," Chuck said. "Me and Hank can blend in with the pigeons." 

Everyone looked at him.

"Kidding," he said. "Sheesh, can't statues have a sense of humor?"

As it turned out, there wasn't much need to blend in. It was early morning and not many people were around. The group freaked out a homeless guy on the ferry dock when they landed. He screamed when he saw Hank and Chuck and ran off yelling something about metal angels from Mars. 

They said our good-byes to the angels, who flew off to party with their statue friends. That's when Endora realized something. They had no idea what they were going to do next.

The group'd made it to the West Coast. Artemis was here somewhere. Annabeth too .But she had no idea how to find them, and tomorrow was the winter solstice. Nor did she have any clue what monster Artemis had been hunting. It was supposed to find them on the quest. It was supposed to "show the trail" but it never had. Now, they were stuck on the ferry dock with not much money, no friends, and no luck.

Up. A voice said in her mind. Up, young witch. Can't you feel the energy pulling you closer. Endora shook her head. No. She was not letting her get to her right now. Clear, happy thoughts. But it was hard to concentrate on it when dark, dangerous magic was felt in the air. It was too easy to sense and it was pulling her towards it. Blood in her body went from icy cold to burning hot and all over again and again. She didn't want to go up there. But she knew it's where they would find the goddess.

For the first time in her life after the disappearance of her father, Endora felt scared. She didn't know what was up there and she didn't know if she could stay focused to keep the Hollow away from her mind. She was scared of it gaining control and she was scared of hurting her friends. She's not strong like everyone speaks. She known almost nothing of the magical world, but she's best within her siblings. Their mother doesn't help them. They've learned everything by themselves, but it's nothing compared to what there really is.

"Dora," she heard Percy calling her name. She tore her gaze from the mountain and looked at him. The boy was looking at her, like the rest, with concern written over their faces and wide eyes to match. Grover slowly backed away.