003.

──── chapter three

{ 🔮 }  · prophecies and a little bit of history

{ 🔮 }  · prophecies and a little bit of history . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

NO ONE WAS SURPRISED in the Hermes cabin when Endora was, too, called to the war council. Since last winter, the girl was considered cabin's third counselor and was always seen with Connor and Travis at the meetings no matter what they were about.

They met in the sword arena, which Endora thought was pretty strange ─ trying to discuss the fate of the camp while Mrs. O'Leary chewed on a life size squeaky pink rubber yak.

Chiron and Quintus stood at the front by the weapon racks. Endora, Clarisse and Annabeth sat next to each other and led the briefing. Tyson and Grover sat as far away from each other as possible. Also present around the table: Juniper the tree nymph, Fredrick sitting next to Annabeth, Silena Beauregard, Travis and Connor, Beckendorf, Lee Fletcher along with his sister Madeline who was on Endora's left side, even Argus, their hundred-eyed security chief. That's how Percy knew it was serious. Argus hardly ever shows up unless something really major is going on. The whole time Annabeth spoke, he kept his hundred blue eyes trained on her so hard his whole body turned bloodshot.

"Luke must have known about the Labyrinth entrance," Annabeth said. "He knew everything about camp." 

Percy thought he heard a little pride in her voice, like she still respected the guy, as evil as he was. Fredrick must have noticed too, as he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front off his chest.

Juniper cleared her throat. "That's what I was trying to tell you last night. The cave entrance has been there a long time, Dora. Luke used to use it."

Silena Beauregard frowned. "You knew about the Labyrinth entrance, and you didn't say anything?"

Juniper's face turned green. "I didn't know it was important. Just a cave. I don't like yucky old caves."

"She has good taste," Grover said.

"I wouldn't have paid any attention except. . . well, it was Luke." she blushed a little greener. 

Grover huffed. "Forget what I said about good taste."

"Interesting." Quintus polished his sword as he spoke. "And you believe this young man, Luke, would dare use the Labyrinth as an invasion route?"

"Definitely," Clarisse said. "If he could get an army of monsters inside Camp Half-Blood, just pop up in the middle of the woods without having to worry about our magical boundaries, we wouldn't stand a chance. He could wipe us out easy. He must've been planning this for months."

"He's been sending scouts into the maze," Endora said. "We know because. . . because we found one."

"Chris Rodriguez," Chiron said. He gave Quintus a meaningful look.