Chapter 4

Here's the next chapter! Hope you guys like! Btw the medical stuff in here is not accurate hahaa.

Enjoy! We hope you like!

"I'm bringing her to the hospital. There is something wrong with her!" Ellis says to Christopher. "Wake up Meredith!"

"I'll call an ambulance." Christopher says quickly.

"The ambulance better hurry. I have to work soon! I have an important surgery." Ellis mutters.

Just then Meredith's eyelids slowly flutter open. She sees everyone standing above her. "Mommy? What happened?"

"You passed out Meredith. We're going to the hospital." Ellis says to her daughter.

"Oh. My backpack?" Meredith mutters softly.

"Don't worry about that sweetie." Christopher tells her. You just stay lying down on the floor."

"Where's Puppy??" Meredith anxiously asks.

"Meredith, you are eight years old. You don't need to bring your stuffed animal with you." Ellis says, rolling her eyes.

"I need Puppy!" Meredith says, starting to cry.

"I'll go get you Puppy." Christopher says quickly. He runs upstairs and grabs the stuffed dog and hurries back downstairs. "Mer, here's your puppy."

Meredith hugs her puppy and smiles.

Just then footsteps are heard coming up the stairs. "That's Meredith." Carolyn says to the paramedics.

"Hi sweetie. We're going to help you feel better." The paramedic says softly to Meredith while the other gets the stretcher ready.

"Hi." Meredith whispers shyly.

"Who do you have there?" The paramedic asks.

"This is Puppy!" She says, hugging the stuffed animal. "He's scared."

"He doesn't have to be scared. Both of you will be just fine." The paramedic says. "Okay Meredith. Can we get you on this stretcher now?"

Meredith hesitates and then nods reluctantly. They pick her up and quickly put her on the stretcher and strap her to the stretcher.

"Okay let's go." The paramedic says.

"I'll follow in my car. I need to be able to get home after my shift." Ellis says.

"Mommy, please come with me. I'm scared." Meredith says with her bottom lip starting to wobble. She looks like she's on the verge of tears and will start crying any second.

"Meredith. You are old enough to go by yourself. I don't need to baby you all the time." Ellis says.

Meredith starts to cry more. "But I'm scared!"

"I'll go with you Meredith." Christopher quickly says. "Is that okay with you sweetie? Your mommy can meet us there?"

Meredith nods and clutches onto her puppy.

"And I'll follow in my car as well. I'll have to drop the kids off at daycare. And then I'll come find you Mer. You'll be just fine sweetie." Carolyn says softly and gives Meredith a kiss on her forehead.

The paramedics roll Meredith's stretcher out to the ambulance and load her into it. Christopher jumps into it and holds onto her hand. The doors are closed and they speed off to the hospital with the sirens on.

"It's too loud!" Meredith cries. "I'm scared!"

"It's okay! It's just telling the other cars to let us through so we can get you to the hospital faster." Christopher says.

Don't Worry About MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara