Chapter 33

"Mer! You have to wake up or you're going to be late for school! Mom said if you're not out of bed in two seconds she's going to be very upset with you!" 13 year old Amelia said loudly. She put her hand on Meredith's shoulder and started shaking it to get her up.

"Owwwww! Amelia! That hurts!!!!!" Meredith yelped. "Owwwww." She moaned, starting to cry.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know! Is your body in a lot of pain today?" Amelia asked.

"Yes, it's a bad pain day, Amelia don't touch me!" Meredith sobbed. "It's the same again. Stupid stupid body." Meredith muttered, her breathing giving away how much pain she was in."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know Mer." Amelia said, feeling bad. "Do you want me to get Mom? I'm guessing you don't want to go to school."

"Yes please. I can't handle school. I'm in too much pain. I don't know why mom and dad had me try to go back to school in person this year. I've missed so many days." Meredith said softly, tears still coming down her face.

"Okay, I'll go get mom!" Amelia raced out of the room. "Mom! Mom!!! Mer needs you." She yelled.

Carolyn looked up when she heard Amelia running into the kitchen. "Amy, please don't yell. What's going on with Meredith? Is she getting ready for school?"

Amelia shook her head. "She's in a lot of pain mom. She said she needs you." Amelia looked down at her feet. "And I shook her shoulder to wake her up and made her hurt more than she already was. She said it's a really bad pain day."

"You didn't know Amelia. She knows you didn't mean to. Okay, she'll stay home today. She can't deal with that pain at school." Carolyn soothed her daughter.

"Mom, why is all of this happening to Mer? She doesn't deserve any of this. Her eds, her pain disease, her asthma, even her biological mother abandoning her... it's not fair mom! I thought all the meds would help her! Her eds is already the severe type and then to add the severe pain disease that leaves her sobbing in pain, unable to leave her bed on top of that! It's just not fair!" Amelia said, frowning.

"It's not fair at all sweetie. She shouldn't have to deal with any of that. That's a lot for one person to handle. But at least she has all of us. She's not alone in her struggles." Carolyn hears Meredith's sobs getting louder. "I'm going to go see Mer. Derek will drive you to school today." Carolyn walked down the hall to Meredith's room.

"Wow, I get to see Derek and Mark for once." Amelia muttered sarcastically under her breath.

Carolyn walked into Meredith's room to see Meredith wriggling around on her bed in a tremendous amount of pain. "You're okay baby, Shh, you're okay. I got you. I'm here."

"Mommy! It hurts! Make it stop!" Meredith begged, she was laying down in excruciating pain as always. She hated this. She hated to be so dependant, knowing she couldn't do a thing on her own

Carolyn brushes her hands through Meredith's hair in an attempt to soothe the now 13 year old. Meredith is still tiny, just taller now but she still looked younger than Amelia

"I've got you. Breathe in and out sweetie. Focus on my voice. I'm so sorry it's a bad pain day."

"Hmmm... It hurts..It really hurts, please- please just make it stop!" Meredith sobbed, starting to hyperventilate.

"Mer, I need you to calm down. You're starting to hyperventilate. Breathe for me. You're going to be okay baby girl."

"I can't! Make it stop!" Meredith sobbed, gasping for air.

Carolyn opened the medicine drawer next to Meredith's bed that they keep all of her medicines in. They keep it there for situations like this where her pain is too much for her to tolerate. "I'm going to inject the pain medication. It'll kick in in just a second Mer. Hold on, it'll get better in a second. Carolyn injects the medicine into Meredith's body and sees Meredith's body instantly relax. They save this pain medication for situations like this as it also has a sedative in it. Meredith's eyes flutter shut.

Carolyn kisses Meredith's forehead. "Sleep tight baby girl. I love you."

We hope you enjoyed! We have a few other chapters ready to go so those will be out within the next week! Thanks to my co-writer _Ktje_