Chapter 31

A couple months have passed. Carolyn and Christopher had been searching for a new house that would fit all of their needs, including being accessible to Meredith. It didn't take them too long to find a house that they liked and put an offer down on it. The offer was accepted and soon they were able to close on the house.

Today is finally moving day. All four kids are excited to be moving to a new house, Meredith especially. It's a huge one story house which means Meredith won't need all of the help she previously needed just to get around the house. She will be able to get around the house in her wheelchair on her own without too much extra help.

Both girls are excited to decorate their new rooms. Each kid is finally getting their own room. The boys no longer have to share. The girls are sharing a huge room just in case Meredith needs help and can't get to her parents. Amelia will be able to see or hear that Meredith needs help and can quickly get their parents.

The girls are super excited to decorate their room. They decided that they want to have the walls painted pink with princess decorations.

Carolyn and Christopher are looking around the house and making sure everything has been packed away and nothing has been left behind.

"Okay! Everything has been packed! Let's head to the car! Derek, Mark, put the ball away and go to the car." Carolyn called out.

Amelia quickly ran to the car. She's super excited to move to a new house. "Come on Mer! We gotta go!"

Meredith is looking around the room anxiously. "But I can't find Puppy! I can't move without him!"

"He must have accidentally gotten put in one of the boxes. We'll find him when we get there. It'll be okay." Christopher said, trying to soothe Meredith.

"No! I need him! What if he gets left behind??? He'll be sad! He'd think I left him! I need him! We gotta find him!" Meredith says, her lower lip starting to wobble.

"Mer, I looked around the house and nothing is left. He must be in a box." Carolyn said. "Come on sweetie. I promise he'll be there."

"No! Need Puppy!!!" Meredith burst into sobs. "Not moving without Puppy!"

Meredith starts moving slowly looking for her stuffed animal. She is not able to move very fast as she's barely able to walk. Everything that she needs has been packed away. Christopher had just planned on carrying her to the car and inside.

Meredith tries walking but falls after a few steps. "I want Puppy!" She sobs.

"Mark." Derek said, eyeing his brother. "Come on."

"What? What are you talking about?" Mark asks, looking mischievous.

"I saw you take Puppy. She's upset. Give him back." Derek said.

"Me? Take Puppy? I would never." Mark said with a smile.

"Uh huh. Just like how you put my frog in the microwave."

"Hey, I never pressed start!" Mark argued.

"Come on, she's upset."

"Okay fine." Mark opens his backpack and pulls out Puppy. "Mer, I have Puppy. I'm sorry, I was just playing with you."

Meredith stopped crying when she spotted Puppy. "Puppy!" She tries to walk over to Mark but falls again after just a couple steps.

Mark quickly rushes over to her and gives her her stuffed animal. "Can I give you a hug?"

It's not a bad pain day so far so Meredith nods. Mark gives Meredith a gentle hug.

"Love you Markie." Meredith mumbles into his shirt.

"I love you too Mer."

"Okay! Are we all set to drive to the new house now?" Christopher asked.

Everyone yells out yes.

"Okay Mer, let's go sweetie. Let's get you into the car." Christopher gently picks her up and carries her to the car. "Carolyn, can you get the pillows set please?"

Carolyn grabs the pillows and puts them on both sides of Meredith when he sits her down in the chair. The pillows will help pad her body against the chair.

The rest of the family gets settled into the car and they start their drive to the new house. It's not too far away, only about 10 minutes away.

Soon, they arrive at their new home.

"We're here! Mer! We gotta go see our new room!" Amelia yells excitedly.

"New room! New room!" Meredith yells in response. "Amelia! It's gonna have princesses in it!"

Carolyn and Christopher chuckle. "No yelling, you two. I know you're excited but we can't be this loud. We're all in this one car together so it's a little loud." Carolyn says to the two girls.

"Sorry Momma!" Amelia says.

"Sorry!" Meredith says sweetly.

"And yes your room does have princesses in it! We made sure to have your room ready!" Carolyn tells them. They wanted to have everything done with the girls room first because of Meredith's condition. They want her to be as comfortable as she can be when she has bad days.

"Okay! Let's go inside!" Christopher says.

Everyone gets out of the car and Christopher carries Meredith.

They open the door to the house and everyone loves what they see.

"Woah! Our new house!" Meredith says loudly.

We hope you enjoyed!!! Thanks for reading! Thanks to my co-writer _Ktje_