Chapter 11

Carolyn walks into Meredith and Amelia's room and sees both girls sound asleep in their beds. Both girls have stuffed animals tightly clutched in their arms. Meredith has Puppy and Amelia has a bunny stuffed animal.

Carolyn walks over to Meredith's bed and kneels down next to her. She brushes some hairs out of Meredith's face. "Meredith? Mer, sweetie, I need you to wake up for me."

Meredith whines in her sleep and keeps her eyes closed.

"Wake up sweetie." Carolyn softly says to Meredith while stroking her hair.

"Don't wanna." Meredith murmurs sleepily.

"I know baby girl but you have an appointment this morning. So we need to get up and get ready. I already have an outfit picked out for you that I think you'll like!"

Meredith slowly opens her eyes and looks at Carolyn. "Appointment? No!" She protests.

"It's going to be okay! I promise! You know I would never break a promise to you right?"

Meredith nods.

"Come on. Let's get dressed and get some breakfast. I bet Puppy is hungry also." Carolyn already has the nutrients Meredith needs for her tube feed ready downstairs.

Meredith looks over at Amelia sleeping in bed. "What about Amy?" She asks softly.

"She can sleep. The babysitter is coming over in just a little while to watch her and the boys."

Meredith nods and coughs and wheezes a little. Carolyn notices immediately. "Oh sweetie, is your asthma bothering you this morning?"

Meredith nods. "Been wheezy."

"Okay, let's do a quick treatment and then we'll get you ready." Carolyn leaves and comes back a moment later with Meredith's nebulizer and gets her treatment started. After a while, it finishes and Carolyn finishes getting Meredith ready.

They arrive at Seattle Grace Hospital and they walk inside the building.

Meredith holds both Carolyn and Christopher's hands as they walk inside as she's having trouble walking and is in pain. She looks at both of them on either side of her and starts crying.

"What's wrong Mer?" Carolyn asks, crouching down in front of Meredith.

"I-I had an accident." Meredith whispers, looking down at the floor.

"That's okay! We're going to go meet Dr. Robbins right now and we will get you cleaned up. Don't cry baby girl, you can't help it." Carolyn looks over at Christopher and they both nod at each, silently agreeing that Meredith having a catheter inserted was the correct choice.

They head upstairs to the pediatric ward and Christopher has Dr Robbins paged.

A few minutes later they see Dr Robbins walking towards them with a big smile on her face. "Hi guys! How are we today?"

Meredith hides behind Carolyn, not wanting to be seen. She's terrified of being in the hospital because of her medical trauma and also doesn't want anyone to see that she had an accident.

"Mer, it's okay. Dr Robbins will not hurt you." Christopher says softly to Meredith.

"Come here baby girl. Everything is okay. Puppy will help you not to feel scared. How about we go with Dr Robbins and we can get you cleaned up?" Carolyn says to Meredith.

Christopher whispers to Dr Robbins that she had another accident when they arrived at the hospital.

Dr Robbins walks over to Meredith and crouches down in front of her. "Hi Meredith! I'm Dr Robbins! I'm so happy to meet you. Who is your little friend there?"