The Dress - (Fluff - Dream x George)

AN: unpopular opinion time. The Heatwaves fanfic is over rated. I got so sick of hearing about it and coming across other fanfics that use it in their plot lines so I finally went to go check it out and don't get me wrong, it is a great fan-fiction, but I feel like it and the song itself are just way over used.

Anyway- enjoy this songfic :) based off of the song Dress by Charlotte Sands. Listen to the song if you want it to make a bit more sense.

CW: slight innuendo, not enough for me to call this a full lime, but it's in there.

George POV-

My hands fumble as I attempt to tie the bow around my neck. I haven't dressed up like this in a while, but Sapnap had messaged saying that the dress code tonight was formal.

It was his bachelor party and he had basically begged me to fly into Florida a week early so that I could join him for one last wild night before he got hitched. I could still feel the effects of jetlag scratching at my tired eyes, but I quickly down a cup of coffee I had cooling on the nightstand by my hotel bed; I couldn't be falling asleep tonight.

I may have pretended to not want to come for the bachelor party when he had called me, but I wasn't about to turn up a reason to see my best friend again. We had grown up together before his family moved to Texas. We rekindled contact when my parents and I took a family vacation to Florida and they had met us there. We stayed in contact over the years that followed, playing Minecraft together as we passed through high school and into college.

I remember when he called me to tell me he was moving to Florida to live with a friend of his. He'd send me pictures of him at the beach, commenting on when we had spent the summer together there.

It was only a couple months later when he called me about his partner and how excited he was. He wanted me to come visit him, his partner, and his roommate, but I was in the middle of my final year of college and just didn't have the time.

So, when he told me he was getting married the next year, I immediately bought a ticket so I could celebrate with him.

And here I was, about to see him in person for the first time in almost 15 years!

My phone dings and I pick it up to see Sapnap send me an address. I open up Maps, pasting the address in and immediately slide my shoes on, it was only a 15-minute walk, but I wanted to be there early and be the first to see my best friend.

-------

I glance up at the building in front of me, checking the map on my phone one more time. This was the right place...

I don't know what I was expecting, but a fancy 5-star cocktail bar was NOT it. I think I was more expecting Sapnap to drag us to some dump bar with cheap drinks and loud music. Apparently, I don't know him as well as I thought.

Sighing, I walk into the bar and head to the receptionist. What bar needs a receptionist?

"Good evening sir, do you have a reservation?"

"Oh, um... I'm here with Sapnap?"

The lady tilts her head lightly, clearly confused. I felt my face flush as I tried to figure out what to do. Chewing on my lip, I am pulled from my embarrassment as an arm to draped over my slumping shoulders. "He's with us."

The lady glanced to my left where the man stood, her eyes lighting with recognition, "Nick! Clay! Welcome, welcome," she said with a curt nod. "The club is open as always."

My face was still warm, but I let the arm lead to away as I glance beside me. There stood Sapnap, a maroon suit hugging his figure flatteringly with a fire pin on his lapel and a white handkerchief in his pocket. He caught my eyes out of the corner of his eye as he turned to grin down at me. "Heya Gogy! Looking fine my fine fellow."