Hiding it under the Oak Tree- (Fluff - Techno x Grian)

AN: I can't seem to write angst at the moment but I promise the rest of Pearl's story is coming! Btw- this gets a little sus at the end cause I didn't know how to end it lol.

Request from Daddy_Long_Leg_1

Techno POV-

"Alright Techno. I think I'm going to call it a day."

I nod, dropping my shield, lifting my left arm to wipe the sweat that was dripping down my forehead, soaking my pink hair. Pulling my hand back, I roll my shoulders, trying to relieve the tension that had built up before looking over at where Dream had flopped to the grass. He was huffing in exhaustion as his wooden training sword laid beside him, a couple new bruises forming on his bare arms, his hoodie having been thrown off an hour ago.

I walked towards him, tossing my sword back to where my shield was, and plop down on the soft grass, letting my finger stroke the soft glades gently.

Taking in a deep breath, I release it and flip down beside Dream, both of us staring at the sky in silence as we work to catch our breath after our early morning training.

The morning sun was warm, but the air was still cool and the grass damp, the dew soaking into my sweat soaked shirt. I gently close my eyes, enjoying the calm feeling of the moment.

I rarely got moments like this. I was the Blood God and seen as ruthless and blood thirsty, but there was something inside me that craved these moments, which I had only started to notice about 2 months ago.

Which I had only started noticing after an adorable blond builder had excitedly told me all about how much he loved them as we had laid together under an oak tree, him read me Shakespeare.

I haven't seen him since then.

Cross server relationships were always difficult, but especially so since we both lived in whitelisted servers for our own protection. We were both professional athletes, participating in MCC, so people tended to mob us when we went somewhere other than our homes.

Luckily we saw each other at MCC and MCC practices. When the server was open, we would spend all our time there, laying under the oak tree that my boyfriend had found behind build mart. It was secluded and far away from all the busy hubbub of ace race and battle box, so we could just be ourselves.

And oh, did I have the most magical memories from under that oak tree.

But I wasn't under that oak tree right now. I wouldn't be under that tree for another 4 months. When we were told that MCC was taking a 6 month break, he had broken down in my arms, sobbing until he fell asleep. Watching him cry in my arms was heart breaking, and I would go to the ends of the earth to fix it, but I had no control over the Noxcrew.

I did the best I could, promising we could text and call everyday and maybe grab coffee in the hub as 'friends' just so we could see each other and maybe, just maybe steal a kiss of two in the bathroom where no one could see us.

And that 'friend' date was finally happening later today, which meant that I needed to get changed and ready after that sweating practice I'd just finished with Dream.

I didn't want to be late!

So, I gently push myself off the grass, noticing a grass stain on my elbows and probably on my back as well. I glance down at Dream whose eyes gently opened to meet mine. "I didn't take you one for enjoying the sunlight Techno."

I internally grimaced as I wracked my brain for a decent answer, but I was interrupted by my phone ringing in my back pocket. Dream just raised an eyebrow as I pulled my communicator out and grinned at the name.