Adequate - (Fluff - Scar x Grian)

Based off of Grian's Hermitcraft 9: episode 3 so watch that if you're confused.

TW- is a bit angsty at the beginning because writing a straight fluff seems to not work for me sometimes. Includes overworking and heatstroke.

Grian POV-

"I'm just following your butt."

"What do you think?"

"Oh, it's adequate."

Adequate. Why could I not get that word out of my mind? Why did it bother me so much what Scar said?

I knew I was small. My build wasn't anything to drool over. Mumbo had always made fun of my size; it didn't bother me. I had pretty privileged to make up for what I lacked in size. I had built up muscles over the years of building and fighting, but I was still lean. I never spent much time really bulking myself up as it just wasn't necessary

So why did Scar's one word bother me so much?

I huff, trying to clear my mind of Scar as I roll onto the top of my boulder, my arms strained from climbing up the sheer face for like 10th time today. I should really be working on anything else, but instead, I just stood up and started the routine I had made for myself.

Climb the boulder, 50 squats, 30 lunges each side, 20 leg lifts each side followed by hopping down the sloped edge and running 3 times around the boulder.

And repeat.

But just as I jumped up to climb the boulder the for the 11th time, my arms gave out and I collapsed to the floor, my body shaking from exhaustion. The sun beat down on my face as I closed my eyes, letting my muscles spasm lightly. My lungs were struggling to fill with air and I struggled to swallow the irony taste in my mouth.

I rolled over and drug myself to where I had left a bottle of water and a pumpkin pie. I pop the bottle open and tip it back over my mouth, ignoring the amount that spilled out and ran down my sweat stained shirt. I was grateful for the lukewarm water as it cleared away the annoying taste in my mouth and cooled my overheated, over worked body.

Flopping back to the warm stone, I close my eyes and try to stabilize my breathing a bit more but now that my body wasn't moving, the thoughts just kept coming back to me.

Adequate. It wasn't a negative word but it wasn't necessarily positive. Was there something that Scar liked in my looks or was he just trying to be nice?

Was there something that I liked in Scar?

And why won't these annoying butterflies go away?

I sat up suddenly as realization settled in my mind, but before my conscious thought caught hold of what my unconscious had discovered, my vision went black and I collapsed to the hard stone once more.

------

"Grian! Grian! Please, please be okay."

My head swam with pain as rough hands were shaking my body. The warmth of the sun had faded, but my body felt like it was combusting slowly, heat rising off my skin. I tried to move, by muscles were locked in the position I had collapsed in, but I could let out a low groan.

The hands shaking me pull away and immediately a glass bottle was placed to my lips, a hand cradling my head and helping me to sip the cool liquid. I could feel it tracing freezing lines down my throat and into my stomach, helping mildly with the heat that seared through my blood stream. I felt like I was boiling form the inside out.

"No, no, Grian. Take another drink. For me please?" I had totally forgotten about the bottle at my lips and the cool liquid had been spilling onto my face, dripping off the back of my head. I slowly opened my mouth, letting it enter me once again and I marveled at the feeling as it slipped down my throat.