↳ Twenty-Three

𝟮𝟯. 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗗

❝You can be as cold as the winter weather

But I don't care as long as we're together❞

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

BOBOIBOY DESERVED an explanation as to why of all the approaches that they can use to talk to Y/n it had to be locking them both inside the storage room. Indeed, they were able to talk to each other; he was glad it ended the way that he wanted it to be. But, that doesn't give Gopal a good excuse to just ask Teacher Papa Zola to lock them in. He knew Gopal had to sacrifice so much and he appreciated the fact that he was helping him but it wasn't exactly the correct way.

Unfortunately, it already happened and he couldn't prevent any of that since he wasn't informed about it. His elbow was on the counter with a hand supporting his cheek, gazing over Gopal with a blank expression while he watched him drink his unpaid hot chocolate to his heart's content. The molecule manipulator didn't even sound like he regretted anything, he has also yet to bring up this topic to him.

He didn't want to ask him about it in school for fear that other students may hear them. Everyone was dismissed early since the semi-finals round ended quickly than everyone thought it would. Currently, he was sitting on the barstool of his grandfather's kokotiam. His mind was preoccupied with thoughts regarding what Gopal had done right after their lunch break. Y/n didn't know that it was all a set-up but Boboiboy thought that it was too obvious for him.

Right after they opened the storage room, the two weren't able to talk again to each other. It's like even the universe was against making them talk to each other. That might have sounded exaggerated but when you are Boboiboy, the feeling of it is just saddening. Fortunately, when he got outside the storage room they were bearing good news for him. It seems like they were indeed going to compete in the finals tomorrow.

Although he wanted to see the action itself─it was too late for that. His friends have explained that the semifinals were different from all the other games. They competed not against one but all the remaining schools since it was a relay race. They got second place which gave them a spot in the finals. As expected by everyone, Wynston East got first place in the relay race. Even Gopal and the others can't help but tell Boboiboy how good they were.

The elemental hero thought the tournament tomorrow will surely be anticipated by everyone and most likely himself. He was finally going to face Alexandre and see how skilful both he and his team were. The elemental hero was brought back to his senses by Gopal by a simple snap of his fingers. He fluttered his eyes in perplexity before he raised an eyebrow towards his best friend. "What?" The elemental hero started.