ā†³ Twenty-Seven

𝟮𝟳. 𝗥𝗘𝗗

 𝗥𝗘𝗗

Feeling inspired 'cause the tables have turned

Yeah, I'm on fire and I know that it burns❞

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

HE DASHED AND TRAILED their opponent from behind, keeping an eye out for the ball. Boboiboy held his breath as he watched Ying try to steal the football from their said competitor. The time manipulator kicked the ball away from the student and dribbled it with her feet before running in the opposite direction. "Good one, Ying!"A teammate cheered as they changed courses, heading toward the other team's goalposts.

Ying tried to confuse the players trying to block her path but only failed which resulted in her shaking her head and passing it to the nearest player. Fang huffed as he passed the opposite team swiftly, casually kicking the ball around him to trick their competitor he smirked in satisfaction. It was just the beginning but the heat was growing between the two teams already.

The shadow manipulator turned his head to the side as he ran, looking for an opening nearer to the posts where he can either try to score a goal or pass it to a player. Kai was nearer to it and therefore, he decided the latter. He said nothing but his red eyes already meant what he was supposed to say as he made eye contact with the captain of the team. He wasted no time and used it as an opportunity to pass the ball to another teammate.

"Fang! I'm wide open!" Kai yelled to the top of his lungs, making sure that they had connected.

Connect.

Fang had used all of his strength to pass it to the older student even if the distance was a barrier, it barely hold them off anyway. Kai grinned as the ball hit his chest before he caught it with his legs and feet to do a little dribble. His eyes narrowed at the opposite team's goalkeeper's overwhelmed figure. 'Here I go,' Kai thought to himself before gathering all of his strength from his feet. 'Don't fail me, now!' He internally yelled as the vamp of his shoes made contact with the smooth surface of the football.

The ball flew in the air with an immense but unpredictable speed, it glided with so much force as it neared the goalkeeper's open area. The goalkeeper crouched getting ready to stop the strong force of the ball from entering the goalpost they are guarding. 'Please be a goal.' Every single one of the students from Rintis Island Academy watching this anticipating battle had the same thought. They were on the edge of their seats, hoping that the first score will be theirs.

Unfortunately for the opposite team, the ball was kicked too mightily by the captain of Rintis Academy. The ball was too quick, the goalkeeper couldn't catch up to it no matter how hard they tried. The net caught the ball after it went past the student in front of the goalpost. They were in disbelief as the score went to their enemy's team. "Yes!" Ying cheered out with so much enthusiasm, jumping up as she threw her hands in the air. "Go! Kai!" Gopal yelled out from the other side even though he knew they wouldn't hear him.