↳ Twenty-Six

𝟮𝟲. 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗬

❝Taking it all in one blink at a time

Just let it be, and you will see

everything will align❞

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

A LOUD ROAR from the audience broke out as the final two teams for the presentation of players and referees commenced. The team representing Rintis Island Academy and Wynston East Academy jogged to the Bermuda field enthusiastically, waving and merrily smiling at the cheers they received from the crowd. The participants gathered themselves in a line alongside the referees with Wynston from the left and Rintis Island on the right side. The number of people watching them was overwhelming, unintentionally giving them the motivation to do their best to win the game.

Rintis Island players stood in their places as the other team ran up to them to start the game with a healthy rivalry. The players of the opposing team shook their hands one by one, hoping each other good luck. Boboiboy who zoned out of a sudden, snapped back to reality out of confusion when a player didn't release his hand. Before he could say something he was met with the oceanic irises of his new rival. A relaxed grin travelled onto the taller man's face as he didn't break eye contact with the elemental hero.

"Good luck, may the best win." His competitor spoke lowly, which resulted in Boboiboy tensing lightly. He studied the atmosphere, trying to find out if there were any unlikable intents that Alexandre had but he found none. The pressure was on him but he did not want to get carried away from it. It was evident that Alexandre wanted a genuine rivalry without toxicity in it. And he was determined to give that back to him, it'll make the game interesting.

"Same for you, we will make sure to give you a memorable game," Boboiboy responded gingerly, slightly tightening the grip that he has on Alexandre. The taller player smirked at this gesture, he wondered if what he said yesterday about hanging out with his childhood friend made him hostile around him. "I know you will," he finished after letting go of the elemental hero's hand. His brown eyes cautiously watched the tall player jog to the next player before moving on to shake another participant's hand.

As soon as they were finished, Gopal immediately caught up to his best friend out of curiosity. He leaned to the side of the shorter young man before nudging him with his shoulder. "Dude, what was that about?" He questioned Boboiboy after witnessing the tense exchange between him and Alexandre. "I don't know, but we're going to win this." The young superhero huffed in eagerness without giving the team goalkeeper a single glance. Gopal shook his head to himself, almost not believing the newfound determination the younger man had.

"You're unbelievable, you know that?" He chuckled lightly while Boboiboy raised a brow out of bewilderment, mentally wondering what his best friend meant about that. As Gopal left to his position, Boboiboy stood alone with a football; kicking it and trying to practice for a while before the game starts. His mind was clouded with various thoughts, leaving him in a mental mess. There was so much to deal with and he didn't know where to start. He released a deep exhalation, trying to get his mind to concentrate more on his surroundings but that only made things worse.