Chapter 32: Enrolled in School

Emily's POV

Dad had informed me that Roxanne enrolled me in high school. Since I was 15, I was considered the age of a freshmen. Roxanne took me to get school supplies. And boy was there was a lot. I had a total of 6 classes. Math, history, science, and English for my required classes. 

And then for my academic classes I had an art class and an invention class. Those classes matched my personality the best. After all, Megamind is an inventor of many things, so is Minion. I was labeling my binder.

Red binder-Math
Yellow binder-English
Greens binder-Science
Orange binder-History
Blue binder-Invention
Purple binder-Art

I started working on my pencil holder next. 6 mechanical pencils, 6 different color highlighters, and 6 black pens. I put my colored pencils in a separate pencil holder. Megamind walked in my room.

"Organizing for shool I see." He spoke.

"School starts tomorrow and I need to have everything right." I replied.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "don't try to be perfect. Just do you best."

I slightly laughed, "I have to make a good impression since I am your daughter."

"I'm sure that everyone will adore you." He answered, "you're beautiful, smart, talented, kind, and deadly when provoked."

We both laughed.

"Alright. It's 9:30." He spoke, "you have to be up by 7. Get some sleep, sweetheart." 

"Okay dad." I replied.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead, "goodnight I love you."

"Love you too dad." I said as he exited my room.

I set my book bag aside and changed into my pajamas and hopped in bed. I turned off my lamp and fell asleep.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned and rolled over to my phone that was sitting on my night stand.

"It's 7?" I questioned, followed by an annoying sigh.

I got up and picked out my clothes for the day. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, took a shower, dried my hair, styled it, put on makeup, and got dressed. I looked at the time when I grabbed my book bag.

"7:45" I read the clock, "the school is not that far away. School starts at 8:15."

I walked to the kitchen and saw a box of doughnuts on the table. I licked my lips in hunger. My dad walked up to me with a chuckle.

"I got your favorite, red velvet with cream cheese icing." He spoke.

"Yes." I smiled and picked up the doughnut, taking a bit, "oh it's so good."

"Roxanne will be here any minute to take you to shool." He said, "remember what I said?"

"Don't try to be perfect and just do your best." I answered.

"Good." He replied.

A car horn honked from outside.

"That must be Ms Ritchi."Minion smiled as he handed me a blue lunch box, "I packed your lunch for school."

"Shool lunches are gross." Megamind spoke with disgust.

"I packed you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich; no crust, veggie sticks, a pineapple fruit cup, strawberry cheesecake pudding, and a cherry coke to drink." Minion explained.

"Thanks." I replied.

Megamind hugged me, "I love you. Have a great first day of shool."

"I will." I replied returning the hug, "love you too dad."

I ran to Roxanne's car and hopped in.

Megamind's POV

I wiped a tear from my eye as I watched Emily get in Roxanne's car.

"She's grown up so fast." I spoke.

"Sir, it's only the first day of her freshmen year." Minion told me.

"I know but. . .I remember like it was yesterday that I found her in that alley as a helpless little baby. Now she's grown up to be a talented girl." I explained.

"You know what's gonna happen next right?" Minion asked.

"Hm?" I questioned.

"They boyfriend phase."

"DON'T REMIND ME!"