Chapter 22: Frienemy Talk

Emily's POV

I woke up with a splitting headache. My eye vision becomes clear and I see the city. I try to move, but I can't. I'm chained to a building.

"What the heck?"

"Tighten trapped us." A voice said.

I turn to see Roxanne chained behind me. Ugh why does she have to be here?

"I don't think I asked you." I snarled.

"Look. Emily I'm sorry for the pain I caused you. I didn't mean to hurt you." She explained.

"You didn't hurt me, you killed me. You made me realize how stupid I was to believe that Megamind was my dad." I said looking down at my feet, "All these years I thought I had a family that loved me, but really I'm an orphan with no one but myself."

I feel tears drop one by one down my cheeks.

"Hey, Megamind loves you. The only reason why he said your mom was dead, was because he never knew her. He found you in a dark rainy alley when you were only a baby. If he never took you in, you would've died. Has he ever cried about you?" She asked.

"Yeah. When I was 5, he hurt me because he was frustrated at himself. I ran away crying with cuts and a bruise on my face. That night he found me in an alley. He was crying hard. That was the first time a I saw him cry. He hasn't cried since then." I answered.

"Do you know why he cries about you?" She asked.

"Because he loved me?"

She slightly laughs, "That and because he doesn't want to lose you."

"He's scared of losing me?" I asked.

She nods, "He loves you Emily. He's a true father to you."

I look down as a tear drops from my eye.