Chapter 9: Guilt & finding her

Megamind's POV

I face palm as I groan. I can't believe that I just hurt my own daughter.

"You all right, sir?" Minion asked.

I sigh, holding my tears that threaten to fall.

"How can I Minion? You saw what I did to Emily. I punched her in the face so hard that she hit the wall! I could've killed her! All because I was stressed out from working all day and. . .*tear falls* I let it out on her."

"You know what I do?" Minion asked.

"What?"

"Say sorry." He answered.

"She hates me now. You saw her reaction." I sighed.

"You don't know that, sir." He replied.

"Where is she?"

"I saw her go in her room." He answered.

We walk to her door. I knock.

"Sweetie? Are you all right?"

No answer. I open the door and walk in. She's sleeping. I walk over to her.

"Emily. I'm sorry I hurt you." I said removing the covers.

I gasp. "SHE'S GONE!"

"Is it just me, or is it chilly in here?" Minion asked.

Minion and I snap out heads to the open window. I gasp again.

"BRAIN BOTS! FIND EMILY! Only the galaxies would know what's happening to her." I said looking out the window.

Emily's POV

I wish I brought a coat, it's chilly out here. I continue walking the streets of Metro City. I feel so. . .heartbroken. Why did I run away? I hit myself in the heading feeling dumb.

"Why! Why did I run away? I'm so stupid!" I screamed as I repeatedly hit my head.

I fall to my knees and cry. I suddenly hear robotic sounds behind me. I turn around to see robots flying towards me. I get up and run for my life. The start chasing me.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled.

I run into an alley that becomes a dead end. I slide down as the robots come closer. I feel tears roll down my cheeks nonstop.

"Emily!" Someone yelled.

The robots move out of the way. My dad was there. He runs to me and looks into my eyes. He looked like he had been crying. He hugs me tight as I cry into his chest.

"I'm sorry Daddy!" I cried, "I didn't mean to run away!"

He looks at me as he wipes my tears away.

"No. You had every right to be mad at me. I should've never hurt you my evil princess. I'm sorry." He said.

I hug him tight again as he picks me up and walks home.