Chapter 14: Struggles

Emily's POV

Dad rehydrated me after we got home. But he also had an angry look on his face.

"Is it the 23rd century yet?" I joked.

"Why were you at the Metro Man Museum?" He asked sternly.

I groan, "I don't know. I was bored."

"That's not it. When you're bored you just listen to music on your phone. What were you planning to do to Miss Ritchi?" He asked.

"Why do you want to know?" I hissed.

"Because I'm supposed to know everything! You were going to freeze her weren't you?"

"Why did you lie to me saying you were going to the store!"

"I did go I just went to the museum after!" He yelled.

"Why? You always told me Metro Man was our enemy!"

"I know! I just feel guilty!" He yelled.

That's something I never heard my dad say.

"Guilty? Dad have you forgotten that Metro Man was the reason why I don't have a mom?" I asked.

"No." He answered.

"Then what's the big deal? *Gasp* I think I know why." I said.

He looks up at me sadly.

"Roxanne did this to you, didn't she? I saw what she said on the news. Oh this all makes so much sense now. She's making you feel guilty. That's why you been looking so sad. You're never guilty about anything! UGH I knew I should've shot her quicker than I thought." I said banging the desk.

Dad walks to me and hugs me.

"I will admit, she is the one who is making me feel this way. I know you want to end her place. But now isn't the right time. Now, get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow." He said.