Chapter 31: awake

Emily's POV

I felt my eyes move around after a ray of light hit the shades of my eye lids. I slowly opened my eyes and groaned slightly. I looked around and noticed that I was in my old room again. Not the disgusting pink one, but the one that felt like home. I flipped the covers over the bed and sat up.

I scooted down and let my feet rest on the floor. I then pushed myself up but quickly grabbed the bed frame before tumbling down. I held my head. How long have I been out? What happened before this?

I walked up to my mirror and looked at myself. I saw faded marks on my neck.

"....oh..." I said.

I lifted my shirt up and saw faded marks along my waist and stomach. I proceeded to make way to the living room. I stopped at the doorway and looked around. I saw that the TVs were on. I slowly walked towards them.

I saw Minion and Roxanne watching tv. I was behind them so they didn't see me.

"Um hey." I spoke.

"Oh my god!" Roxanne fell off the couch.

I flinched, "oops."

Minion stood up and looked at me, "Emily! You're awake!"

"More awake than Snow White being kissed back to life." I replied.

Roxanne stood up and looked up at me with wide eyes, "oh my god! I gotta tell Megamind!"

She ran up to the laboratory.

"Uh since when did Roxanne get so jumpy?" I asked.

"We just never knew if you were ever going to wake up." Minion answered.

"How long have I been out?"

"2 months." He answered.

"WUT."

"All the wounds or scars as they are now caused you so much unbearable pain that you passed out from stress." He explained.

I then heard fast steps running and getting louder.

"Emily oh my god!" Megamind yelled.

He almost tackled me as he hugged me.

"Hey dad."

"Oh my god you had me so worried! Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" He asked.

"Not that I know o-"

"Minion give her a check up!"

"Dad I'm fine." I softly laughed, "all the wounds are just scars now."

I showed him the marks. He looked somewhat heartbroken but relieved at the same time. He sighed but softly smiled.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"1pm." Roxanne answered, "Why?"

"IM HUNGRY!" I said holding my stomach, "2 months without food is a nightmare!"

They all laughed.

"What do you want to eat?" Minion asked.

"Hmmmmmm cheeseburger and crispy onion rings." I said as my mouth watered at the thought of the food.

"I'll start it right now." Minion chuckled.

Roxanne and Megamind laughed as well. But Megamind slowly stopped and made his way back to the laboratory. I wasn't a cartoon character, but I could picture a question mark above my head as I questioned my dads sad mood.

Roxanne places her hand on my shoulder, "you should go talk to him. It's been hard for him."

I walked up to the laboratory and saw him standing against the opened laboratory window.

"Dad?"

"I'm sorry. I caused this."

"No dad it just happened. It's okay."

"No it isn't. For these past 2 months I have been sitting in my chair thinking what I could have done to prevent this from ever happening.  I've regretted everything ever since giving you to those horrible beings that called themselves parents. Now look! Your body is at least 50% scars now. And it's my fault for letting it happen." He explained.

I walked up to him and hugged him tightly, "it's nothing to worry about, dad. Am I dead? No. Would I have been dead if you didn't save me? Yes. Just be happy that I'm alive. That's all that matters to a parent. I know that this has bothered you for the longest time. But I'm here now. And I love you no matter what."

He lifted my head up, "how did I get such an amazing daughter?"

"Made a certain turn in an alley I guess." I laughed.

Megamind laughed at my answer. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I've missed you Emily."

"I've missed you too dad."

(A/n):

I am so sorry! I know it's been like over a year! I know what you're thinking, "you probably forgot" "she probably doesn't wanna finish it"
Wrong! I was having family problems for the longest time and after my 18 birthday I had enough and moved in with my mom. I've graduated high school now so now I'm just chilling at home. Again you're thinking, "college or a job?"
I need my license! I need extra practice so I renewed my permit. I will probably get a job soon but I will update MORE NOW THAT I AM FREE I PROMISE AND IF IF DOESNT YOU CAN PRETEND TO SMACK ME

Love you all