Chapter 1: A baby?

Megamind's POV

I was walking through Metro city minding my own business. I suddenly hear cries of a small creature. I follow the sound of it's crying into a dark alley. I see a box that has little hands reaching out of it. I cautiously walk closer, not knowing what to do.

I look inside the box to see a small human baby wrapped in a pink blanket, I lower my right eyebrow confused. I pick up a note that was attached to the box.

"Dear founder of this box,
I could not be able to take care of my little girl, Emily. That's why I abandoned her. If you would, please take care of her and give her the love and care that I could not."

How could they?! I scream in my head. I pick up the baby that was Emily and look into her sparkly blue eyes. She smiles at me and holds one of my fingers.

"I'm going to be your new daddy, Emily." I say smiling at her.

I walk back to the secret hideout with my new daughter. Minion looks at me with a wide eyed face.

"Sir what do you have?" He asked.

"A baby girl. Her name is Emily. Her family abandoned her in a dark alley all alone in the rain." I answered.

Minion's face went from shocked to awwww. He then shakes his head.

"But you don't know anything about taking care of a human baby!" He said.

"If my mother and father could raise me, then raising Emily will be no different." I replied. looking at Emily.

"They raised you for 8 days." Minion corrected.

"WHATEVER!" I yelled.

Emily started to cry so I hug her.

"Ugh! But we are evil. Evil doesn't raise babies." Minion said.

"We may be evil, but I am NOT going to abandon Emily like her family did." I said kissing her head.

She giggles as she tries reaching out fore me. I promise to be the best dad that you will ever have.💙