Chapter 29: Escaping

Megamind's POV

I was sitting in my chair staring off into space. The door opens.

"Sir what are you doing?" It was Minion.

"Just looking up at the ceiling waiting for evil to arrive." I answered.

"You haven't moved from that chair for a whole week! Has something been bothering you?" He asked.

"If only, Minion. If only." I sighed looking at a picture of me and Emily when she was younger.

"You miss Emmy don't you?" He asked.

I sigh again, "I miss her more then anything. Even though I gave her to her real parents, in my heart it feels like I was the true parent all along."

Suddenly, Roxanne busts through the door, "And you are."

"What?" Minion and I asked.

I found an old article about Emily's horrible parents." She said handing me an article.

"Nanny abandons baby to save her from destruction of parents?" I read.

"They want to abuse and slowly kill her." Roxanne explained.

I jump up from my chair, "We need to save her!"

Emily's POV

I was in my disgustingly ugly room looking at a picture of Minion, Megamind, and me. Suddenly, my so called dad comes in.

"Get up and fix me a sandwich. I'm hungry." He demanded.

I stand up, "No. If you're hungry and want a sandwich, then stop being lazy and do it yourself!"

He slaps me across the face and pulls out his belt. He whips me about 20 times.

"I am your father and you will obey me!" He yelled.

"Never in a million years grandpa." I snapped.

He growls and grabs me by my hair. He drags me downstairs.

"Our daughter needs to learn some manners." He told his wife.

She grabs some rope and ties my hands behind a pole in the basement. Does she pole dance for a living? She ties my neck to the pole tight enough to where I couldn't move.

"We're going to the store. But you're staying here to think about what you did. DON'T MOVE." She said.

"How can I move when these ropes are tighter than your saggy breasts." I snapped.

My so called father ties a rag around my mouth. His wife stabs my right hip and I scream in pain.

"Shut up." She sneered, "If you can survive being smashed by building pieces, then you can survive a little stab."

They leave and tears roll down my cheeks. The cut was deep since the blade was like 5 inches long. I couldn't see it, but I could feel it bleed through my shirt. An old TV in front of me turns on. Megamind was on it!

"Emily! If you're watching this, listen closely." He said.

I stare at the TV.

"You need to escape those terrible people and meet me in Metro Lane Alley tonight. I'm getting you back." He explained, "I love you."

"Mm hmm mhm mmm."
"I love you too."

The TV  turns off and the room starts spinning. It's from my blood loss. Suddenly, everything becomes black.

~Couple hours later~

I wake up to see the 2 worst parents smirking down at me. I groan in pain.

The lady removes the rag, "Are you sorry for what you did to be such a terrible daughter?"

"Yes." I lied, "And I need to use the bathroom."

She unties me and I stand up. Pain instantly shoots up my body and in my head.

"Hurry up you're supposed to be making dinner." The man said.

I go upstairs to my room and look around. I grab the picture of me, Minion, and Megamind and open the window. My parents walk in as I was about to leave.

"Get her!" They yelled.

I jump out the window and start running.

"Come back here Emily!" The lady yelled.

I run into an alley to catch my breath. I look at the street sign. "Metro Lane Alley." It read. I sigh in relief. Suddenly, my parents grab my hair and yank me out.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

The picture frame drops and shatters. I punch them in the face and I was slapped in the face with a gun. The lady holds me up as my eyes are met with a gun pointing right at me.

"This is where it all ends." The man smirked, "We should've done this a looooong time ago."

I close my eyes tight and wait for my death, but it never came. I open my eyes and look down, my parents were now ice cubes. Someone breathes heavily from behind me. I turn around to see. . .Megamind looking terrified from what he just saw. Tears weld up in my eyes.

"Dad." I cried hugging him.

"I'm here princess. They won't hurt you anymore." He said rubbing my head.

I wince in pain and he lets go of me.

"Emily are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied feeling light headed.

"EMILY!" He yelled catching me before I blacked out.

(A/n): Hi peeps! Srry I haven't updated in like a year. I've been busy. Gotta 7 month baby brother, just starting school as a junior, studying, homework, and so much other crap! Lol comment and vote!