Chapter 12: Ruling is Confusing

Emily's POV

I tie my hair into a ponytail as I look at myself in the mirror. I slip on my black leather gloves and put on red lipstick. My dad, Uncle Minion, and I walk to the Mayor's office to take over. My dad sits in the big black chair.

"Ah Metrocity is ours!" He yelled.

"And it's all thanks to Emily!" Uncle Minion added.

I smile and look out the window. A boy and his mother are on the streets. Why do I feel so...sad? I know Metro Man killed my mom. I know I made him pay. But in my heart it feels like a piece of my life is missing.

"Emily?" My dad asked waving his hand.

I shake out of my thoughts, "Yeah?"

"You alright? You seem depressed with that expression on your face." He explained.

"No I'm fine. I just wanna...rob some banks. Since it's dark out." I explained.

"Go on then! Rob and take all the money you want sweetheart!" My dad cheered.

I run to Metro City Bank and pop down from the ceiling. I grab out 12 stacks of 100's and leave without setting the alarm off.

~20 robberies later (an hour later)~

I walk in the office with about 5 bags of cash. I see Uncle Minion working on another one of Dad's costumes.

"Hey Uncle Minion. Where's Dad?"

"He's in his office doing nothing." He answered.

"Why nothing? Dad never does nothing." I asked.

"He said he felt empty. Maybe you can figure him out." He explained.

I set the bags down and walk into his office. "Dad?"

"Emily! Sweetheart! How was your robberies?" He asked, obviously faking his happiness.

"20 robberies. But that's not what I came in here for." I explained.

"Well what did you come in here for?" He asked looking at his water drinking bird.

"Uncle Minion said you felt empty. Why father? We've gotten what we wanted." I answered.

"I know sweetie. We did." He said turning to his window.

"Then why are you sad? *Gasp* Did I do something wrong? Did I not kill Metro Man like you wanted me to? Am I a...disgrace to you?" I asked with tears filling my eyes.

My dad quickly turns around, walks to me, and cups my face.

"Emily. You know that you would never ever be a disgrace to me. It's just that...different matters are appearing." He said and walked out, leaving me confused.

(A/N): So what do ya think?