Chapter 28: What they really wanted her for

Emily's POV

I'm sitting on my bed in my new room. I didn't like it. It didn't feel like home. But worst of all. . .

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It was pink.

They painted it the brightest pink in the world. I sigh and look up at the ceiling. My door opens.

"Hey sweetie." My "mom" said.

"How do you like your room?" My "dad" asked.

"It's great. . .for making my eyes bleed." I glared.

My "mom" and "dad" look at each other and look back at me.

"But girls love pink." My "mom" said.

"Well I'm the type of girl that doesn't like pink. I like purple, black, and blue." I snapped crossing my arms.

"Why are you so against us?" My "dad" asked.

"Because I don't even know you! Did you really think that when I woke up fro my coma, that I would recognize 2 strangers that were supposed to be my real parents? You might as well be a couple of clowns. Because I don't see that happening." I explained.

"So? Jumbomind-"

"His name is MEGAmind. MEH-GA MIND. Get it right!" I interrupted.

"Fine." My "mom" said in disgust, "Megamind wasn't your real dad."

"He raised me as his own daughter! That's something you 2 could never do since you abandoned me for 15 years! I believe that Megamind and Minion were my real family! Family doesn't have to be by blood, it can be by love and affection!" I yelled, then getting punched in the face by my "dad".

I fall down and hold my cheek as I glare at them.

"Look here you little shit. Yes we abandoned you because we never wanted you. But now that you're older and in our custody, you will become our slave. And if you disobey our demands or talk back, you will be severely punished." He said.

"I knew what it was like not having real parents, but I never knew that having them would be such a pain in the ass!"

My "mom" punches me in the face. I taste blood from my lip.

"Now you will stay locked in your room without dinner." She smirked and walked away with my "dad". 

They shut my door and I hear a click. I run to my door and try to open it.

"No. . .no, no, no! You can't keep me in here forever!" I yelled.

I run to my window and try to open it. I take a closer look at it. . .

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It was glued shut.

I slide down the wall and cry.

"Megamind. . .where are you?"