The Sword Part One

Queen Angella spoke,
"Send them in."

We enter a royal hall and approach the Queen sitting on a throne.

We both kneel.

"Your Majesty." me and the Princess say in unison.

"I'm told you disobeyed orders and led the Rebellion into a dangerous combat situation after you were ordered to retreat." the Queen of Bright Moon says.

"I was trying to protect a village from falling into The Horde's grasp." Glimmer tries to reason with her.

"You were reckless and put yourself and the other rebels in danger." Angella continues.

"With all due respect, Your Majesty, I had ordered Glimmer to retreat, but she didn't listen to me and ignored my orders." I explain.

"How are we going to hold our own against The Horde if we keep retreating? Pretty soon, we won't have anything left to defend." the Princess shouts.

"I'm growing tired of your back-talking, Commander Glimmer." Angella pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Why did you even make me a commander if you won't let me fight?"

"That's enough! You're...grounded!" the Queen says.

Glimmer scoffs,
"Mom!"

"You heard me!"

"You never let me do anything!" Glimmer argues with her mother.

"We are not having this discussion tonight. You are embarrassing me in front of my royal court." Angella groans.

"Oh, I'm embarrassing you?"

"Go to your room!"

"I'm going!"

I start to head out as well, but Queen Angella calls out to me,
"Y/N, please go make sure that Glimmer doesn't try to sneak out." she asks.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure of that." I reassure her before walking out and heading to Glimmer's room.

Glimmer's Room

I walk in and see her laying on the couch pressed up against the window.

She starts thinking out loud and proceeding writing in her diary.

"Dear Mom, I know you'll never read this, but I have to say it somewhere. I feel like you... don't respect me."

I sat on the poofy pink chair next to her, but as soon as I sit down I ducked because an arrow would've skewered my head.

Glimmer shrieks, meanwhile I'm the one who should be panicking.

A note adorned with hearts reads, "Look Outside!"

Glimmer and I groan, already knowing who wrote this.

We both look out of the window and see Bow.

"Watch it! You almost hit Y/N!"

"Once I get close enough to you I will break all of your stupid arrows."

Bow looks at me terrified, but proceeds to speak,
"Hey, Glimmer!"

"Shh! Bow, what are you doing here?"

"What did you say? Come down here."

At this point I get bored of hearing them bickering back and forth so I just walk away from the window.

After their whisper-yelling match she teleports Bow to her room.

Glimmer sighs as she plops down on her bed.